LncRNA PlncRNA-1 overexpression inhibits the growth of breast cancer by upregulating TGF-β1 and downregulating PHGDH
- 226 Downloads
To investigate the role of lncRNA PlncRNA-1 in the pathogenesis of breast cancer.
A total of 78 patients with breast cancer as well as 48 healthy females were included in this study. Expression in tumor tissues and adjacent healthy tissues of breast cancer patients, as well as in breast tissues and serum of both patients and healthy control was detected by qRT-PCR. Cell proliferation was detected by CCK-8 assay, and cell apoptosis was tested by MTT assay. PlncRNA-1 overexpression cell lines were constructed and the effects on TGF-β1 as well as phosphoglycerate dehydrogenase (PHGDH) were explored by western blot.
Expression levels of PlncRNA-1 were significantly lower in tumor tissues than those in adjacent healthy tissues. Significantly lower expression levels of PlncRNA-1 were also found in breast cancer patients than those in healthy controls in both breast tissue and serum. Upregulation of PlncRNA-1 promoted the expression of TGF-β1, but inhibited the expression of PHGDH. LncRNA PlncRNA-1 overexpression reduced the proliferation rate, but increased the apoptosis rate of breast cancer cells, while treatment with TGF-β inhibitor reduced those effects of PlncRNA-1 overexpression.
LncRNA PlncRNA-1 overexpression inhibits the growth of breast cancer by upregulating TGF-β1 and downregulating PHGDH.
KeywordsBreast cancer PlncRNA-1 TGF-β1 Phosphoglycerate dehydrogenase
Compliance with ethical standards
Conflict of interest
The authors declare that they have no conflict of interest.
- 4.Shah NS. Increasing drug resistance in extensively drug-resistant tuberculosis, South Africa. Emerg Infect Dis J CDC. 2011;17(3):510–3.Google Scholar
- 6.Cui Z, Ren S, Lu J, et al. The prostate cancer-up-regulated long noncoding RNA PlncRNA-1 modulates apoptosis and proliferation through reciprocal regulation of androgen receptor. In: Urologic oncology: seminars and original investigations. Elsevier, 2013, vol. 31, no. 7, pp. 1117–23.Google Scholar
- 12.Antonello J, Chudziak J, Redfern A, et al. An evaluation of DNA and RNA based blood biomarkers in prostate cancer. Cancer Res. 2017;77(13 Supplement):5685. https://doi.org/10.1158/1538-7445.AM2017-5685
- 16.Mayfield RD. Emerging roles for ncRNAs in alcohol use disorders. Alcohol. 2017;60:31–9.Google Scholar
- 17.Bao M, Luo H, Chen L, et al. Impact of high fat diet on long non-coding RNAs and messenger RNAs expression in the aortas of ApoE (−/−) mice. Sci Rep. 2016;6:34161.Google Scholar