Bilayered semiconductor graphene nanostructures with periodically arranged hexagonal holes
- 213 Downloads
We present a theoretical study of new nanostructures based on bilayered graphene with periodically arranged hexagonal holes (bilayered graphene antidots). Our ab initio calculations show that fabrication of hexagonal holes in bigraphene leads to connection of the neighboring edges of the two graphene layers with formation of a hollow carbon nanostructure sheet which displays a wide range of electronic properties (from semiconductor to metallic), depending on the size of the holes and the distance between them. The results were additionally supported by wave packet dynamical transport calculations based on the numerical solution of the time-dependent Schrödinger equation.
Keywordsgaphene antidots electronic properties DFT
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Pedersen, T. G.; Flindt, C.; Pedersen, J.; Jauho, A.-P.; Mortensen, N. A.; Pedersen, K. Optical properties of grapheneantidotlattices. Phys. Rev. B 2008, 77, 243431.Google Scholar
- Liu, Z.; Suenaga, K.; Harris, P. J. F.; Iijima, S. Open and closed edges of graphenelayers. Phys. Rev. Lett. 2009, 102, 015501.Google Scholar
- Campos-Delgado, J.; Kim, Y. A.; Hayashi, T.; Morelos-Gómez, A.; Hofmann, M.; Muramatsu, H.; Endo, M.; Terrones, H.; Shull, R. D.; Dresselhaus, M. S.; et al. Thermal stability studies of CVD-grown graphenenanoribbons: Defect annealing and loop formation. Chem.Phys.Lett. 2009, 469, 177–182.CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- Soler, J. M.; Artacho, E.; Gale, J. D.; García, A.; Junquera, J.; Ordejón, P.; Sánchez-Portal, D. The siesta method for abinitioorder-Nmaterials simulation. J. Phys.: Condens. Mat. 2002, 14, 2745–2779.Google Scholar
- Chernozatonskii, L. A.; Demin, V. A. Nanotube connections in bilayer graphene with elongated holes. In Proceedings of the International Conference in Nanomaterials: Applications and Properties, Alushta, the Crimea, 2013, pp. 03NCNN32-03NCNN34.Google Scholar