Detecting Premature Ventricular Contraction in Children with Deep Learning
- 4 Downloads
Premature ventricular contractions (PVCs) are abnormal heart beats that indicate potential heart diseases. Diagnosis of PVCs is made by physicians examining long recordings of electrocardiogram (ECG), which is onerous and time-consuming. In this study, deep learning was applied to develop models that can detect PVCs in children automatically. This computer-aided diagnosis model achieved high accuracy while sustained stable performance. It could save time and repeated efforts for physicians, enabling them to focus on more complicated tasks.This study is a first step toward children’s PVC auto-detection in clinics. Further study will improve the model’s performance with optimized structure and more data in different sources, while facing the challenges of the variety and uncertainty of children’s ECG with heart diseases.
Key wordspremature ventricular contraction pediatrics deep learning convolutional neural network heart disease
CLC numberTP 39
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- BERTELS R A, HARTEVELD L M, FILIPPINI L H, et al. Left ventricular dysfunction is associated with frequent premature ventricular complexes and asymptomatic ventricular tachycardia in children [J]. EP Europace, 2017, 19(4): 617–621.Google Scholar
- THANAPATAY D, SUWANSAROJ C, THANAWATTANO C. ECG beat classification method for ECG printout with principle components analysis and support vector machines [C]//2010 International Conference on Electronics and Information Engineering. Kyoto: IEEE, 2010: 72–75.Google Scholar
- HUANHUAN M, YUE Z. Classification of electrocardiogram signals with deep belief networks [C]//17th International Conference on Computational Science and Engineering, Chengdu: IEEE, 2014: 7–12.Google Scholar
- BORTOLAN G, JEKOVA I, CHRISTOV I. Comparison of four methods for premature ventricular contraction and normal beat clustering [J]. Computers in Cardiology, 2005, 32: 921–924.Google Scholar
- RAJPURKAR P, HANNUN A Y, HAGHPANAHI M, et al. Cardiologist-level arrhythmia detection with convolutional neural networks [EB/OL]. (2017-07-06) [2017-09-25]. https://arxiv.org/pdf/1707.01836.pdf.Google Scholar