Water cooling radiator for solid state power supply in fast-axial-flow CO2 laser
Two different flow channel configurations on thermal resistances associated with the behavior of cooling of power device were studied in this paper. ANSYS Icepak 14.0 has been adopted as a numerical simulation tool. The simulation results from this study showed that the shapes of channels in cooling radiator play an important role in the thermal management of water cooling radiation system. The optimal channel design could improve the heatdissipating efficiency by 80% in water cooling radiation system. The result also indicated that the thermal resistance of heat sinks decreased with the volumetric flow rate and the number of cylindrical columns in the flow channel. Experimental results were obtained under certain channel configurations and volume rates. Moreover, the results of numerical simulation can be explained well by the experimental results.
Keywordsheat spreader water cooling turbulence generator Icepak software
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.Kawashima Y. Proposal of a synchrotron radiation facility to supply ultraviolet light, X-ray, MeV-Photon, GeV-photon and neutron. In: Proceedings of FLS. 2006, WG112Google Scholar
- 6.Van Wyk J D, Lee F C. Power electronics technology at the dawn of the new millennium-status and future. In: Proceedings of IEEE Power Electronics Specialists Conference. 1999, 1: 3–12Google Scholar
- 9.Zhang H, Liu J J, Li Y, Yao S C. Porous media modeling of twophase micro-channel cooling of electronic chips with non-uniform power distribution. In: Proceedings of the American Society of Mechanical Engineers. 2013, 64481–64491Google Scholar
- 15.Versteeg H K, Malasekera W. An Introduction to Computational Fluid Dynamics (The Finite Volume Method). London: Addison Wesley Longman Limited, 1995, 57–89Google Scholar
- 18.Microsemi. User Manual for DRF 1201 1, 2009Google Scholar