Observational aspects of outbursting black hole sources: Evolution of spectro-temporal features and X-ray variability
We report on our attempt to understand the outbursting profile of Galactic Black Hole sources, keeping in mind the evolution of temporal and spectral features during the outburst. We present results of evolution of quasi-periodic oscillations, spectral states and possible connection with jet ejections during the outburst phase. Further, we attempt to connect the observed X-ray variabilities (i.e., ‘class’/‘structured’ variabilities, similar to GRS 1915+105) with spectral states of black hole sources. Towards these studies, we consider three black hole sources that have undergone single (XTE J1859+226), a few (IGR J17091-3624) and many (GX 339-4) outbursts since the start of RXTE era. Finally, we model the broadband energy spectra (3–150 keV) of different spectral states using RXTE and NuSTAR observations. Results are discussed in the context of two-component advective flow model, while constraining the mass of the three black hole sources.
KeywordsAccretion X-ray binaries black holes ISM: jets and outflows radiation mechanisms
The authors are thankful to the reviewer whose valuable suggestions have helped in improving the manuscript. AN thanks GD, SAG; DD, PDMSA and Director, ISAC for encouragement and continuous support to carry out this research. This research has made use of the data obtained through High Energy Astrophysics Science Archive Research Center online service, provided by NASA/Goddard Space Flight Center.
- Chakrabarti S. K., Nandi A., Debnath D., Sarkar R., Datta B. G. 2005, Indian J. Phys., 79-8, 841Google Scholar
- Nandi A., Mandal S., Sreehari H., Radhika D., Das S., Chattopadhyay I., Iyer N., Agrawal V., Aktar R. 2017, Ap&SS (under review)Google Scholar
- Radhika D., Sreehari H., Nandi A., Iyer N., Mandal, S. 2017, MNRAS (under review)Google Scholar
- Tanaka Y., Lewin W. 1995, in Lewin W., van Paradijs J., van den Heuvel P., eds, X-ray Binaries. Press, Cambridge, p. 126Google Scholar
- Wood A., Smith D. A., Marshall F. E., Swank J. H. 1999, IAUC, 7274Google Scholar