Impact of subclinical hypothyroidism with TSH ≤10 mIU/L on glomerular filtration rate in adult women without known kidney disease
- 37 Downloads
This work was supported by the Brazilian National Council for Scientific and Technological Development (CNPq).
Compliance with ethical standards
Conflict of interest
The authors declare that they have no conflict of interest.
Research involving human participants
The study was approved by the local Research Ethics Committee and the subjects gave written informed consent.
- 2.J.R. Garber, R.H. Cobin, H. Gharib, J.V. Hennessey, I. Klein, J.I. Mechanick, R. Pessah-Pollack, P.A. Singer, K.A. Woeber, American Association of Clinical Endocrinologists and American Thyroid Association Taskforce on Hypothyroidism in Adults,Clinical practice guidelines for hypothyroidism in adults:cosponsored by the American Association of Clinical Endocrinologists and the American Thyroid Association. Thyroid 22, 1200–1235 (2012).CrossRefPubMedGoogle Scholar
- 4.G. Brenta, M. Vaisman, J.A. Sgarbi, L.M. Bergoglio, N.C. Andrada, P.P. Bravo, A.M. Orlandi, H. Graf, Task force on hypothyroidism of the Latin American Thyroid Society (LATS).: clinical practice guidelines for the management of hypothyroidism. Arq. Bras. Endocrinol. Metabol. 57, 265–291 (2013)CrossRefPubMedGoogle Scholar
- 7.D.H. Shin, M.J. Lee, S.J. Kim, H.J. Oh, H.R. Kim, J.H. Han, H.M. Koo, F.M. Doh, J.T. Park, S.H. Han, T.H. Yoo, S.W. Kang, Preservation of renal function by thyroid hormone replacement therapy in chronic kidney disease patients with subclinical hypothyroidism. J. Clin. Endocrinol. Metab. 97, 2732–2740 (2012)CrossRefPubMedGoogle Scholar
- 8.D.H. Shin, M.J. Lee, H.S. Lee, H.J. Oh, K.I. Ko, C.H. Kim, F.M. Doh, H.M. Koo, H.R. Kim, J.H. Han, J.T. Park, S.H. Han, T.H. Yoo, S.W. Kang, Thyroid hormone replacement therapy attenuates the decline of renal function in chronic kidney disease patients with subclinical hypothyroidism. Thyroid 23, 654–661 (2013)CrossRefPubMedPubMedCentralGoogle Scholar
- 13.P. Liu, R. Liu, X. Chen, Y. Chen, D. Wang, F. Zhang, Y. Wang, Can levothyroxine treatment reduce urinary albumin excretion rate in patients with early type 2 diabetic nephropathy and subclinical hypothyroidism? A randomized double-blind and placebo-controlled study. Curr. Med. Res. Opin. 31, 2233–2240 (2015)CrossRefPubMedGoogle Scholar
- 22.L. Chaker, S. Sedaghat, E.J. Hoorn, W.P. Elzen, J. Gussekloo, A. Hofman, M.A. Ikram, O.H. Franco, A. Dehghan, R.P. Peeters, The association of thyroid function and the risk of kidney function decline: a population-based cohort study. Eur. J. Endocrinol. 175, 653–660 (2016)CrossRefPubMedGoogle Scholar