Entropy in the cusp and phase transitions for geodesic flows
- 33 Downloads
In this paper we study the geodesic flow for a particular class of Riemannian non-compact manifolds with variable pinched negative sectional curvature. For a sequence of invariant measures we are able to prove results relating the loss of mass and bounds on the measure entropies. We compute the entropy contribution of the cusps. We develop and study the corresponding thermodynamic formalism. We obtain certain regularity results for the pressure of a class of potentials. We prove that the pressure is real analytic until it undergoes a phase transition, after which it becomes constant. Our techniques are based on the one hand on symbolic methods and Markov partitions, and on the other on geometric techniques and approximation properties at the level of groups.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- [DT]N. Dobbs and M. Todd, Free energy jumps up, preprint, arXiv:1512.09245..Google Scholar
- [Gur69]B. M. Gurevič, Topological entropy of a countable Markov chain, Soviet Mathematics. Doklady 10 (1969), 911–915.Google Scholar
- [Ham]U. Hamenstädt, Symbolic dynamics for the teichmüller flow, preprint, arXiv:1112.6107.Google Scholar
- [MU03]R. D. Mauldin and M. Urbański, Graph Directed Markov Systems: Geometry and Dynamics of Limit Sets, Cambridge Tracts in Mathematics, Vol. 148, Cambridge University Press, Cambridge, 2003.Google Scholar
- [PP90]W. Parry and M. Pollicott, Zeta functions and the periodic orbit structure of hyperbolic dynamics, Astérisque 187/188 (1990).Google Scholar
- [PPS15]F. Paulin, M. Pollicott and B. Schapira, Equilibrium states in negative curvature, Astérisque 373 (2015).Google Scholar
- [PRL]F. Przytycki and J. Rivera-Letelier, Geometric pressure for multimodal maps of the interval, Memoirs of the American Mathematical Society, to appear.Google Scholar
- [RV]F. Riquelme and A. Velozo, Escape of mass and entropy for geodesic flows, Ergodic Theory and Dynamical Systems, to appear, arXiv:1610.04683.Google Scholar
- [Wal82]P. Walters, An Introduction to Ergodic Theory, Graduate Texts in Mathematics, Vol. 79, Springer-Verlag, New York–Berlin, 1982.Google Scholar