Stability of the unique continuation for the wave operator via Tataru inequality: the local case
- 33 Downloads
In 1995, Tataru proved a Carleman-type estimate for linear operators with partially analytic coefficients that is generally used to prove the unique continuation of those operators. In this paper, we use this inequality to study the stability of the unique continuation in the case of the wave equation with coefficients independent of time. We prove a logarithmic estimate in a ball whose radius has an explicit dependence on the C1-norm of the coefficients and on the other geometric properties of the operator.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- G. Alessandrini, L. Rondi, E. Rosset, and S. Vessella, The stability for the Cauchy problem for elliptic equations, Inverse Problems 25 no.12, (2009).Google Scholar
- L. Hörmander, On the uniqueness of the Cauchy problem under partial analiticity assumptions, in Geometrical Optics and Related Topics, Birkäuser, (1997).Google Scholar
- L. Hörmander, The Analysis of Linear Partial Differential Equations IV, Springer, 1990.Google Scholar
- Y. Kurylev, M. Lassas, and T. Yamaguchi, Uniqueness and stability in inverse spectral problems for collapsing manifolds, preprint, arXiv:1209:5875[math.DG]Google Scholar
- D. Tataru, Carleman estimates, unique continuation and applications, unpublished manuscript, see http://math.berkeley. edu/~tataru/ucp.html.Google Scholar