Digital innovation and venturing: an introduction into the digitalization of entrepreneurship
This special issue follows the 2018 Global Innovation and Knowledge Academy (GIKA) Conference, which took place at the Catholic University of Valencia “San Vicente Mártir” in Spain from June 25th to 27th, 2018. As the eighth of its kind, the 2018 GIKA conference continued to attract the attention of scholars from around the world. The subject of this special issue—Digital Innovation and Venturing—had its own track at the GIKA conference, which served as a first-round review of some of the submissions to the journal. The special issue was also open for external submissions. As a result, this special issue includes seven contributions on the digitalization of entrepreneurship, encompassing important topics like digital business models, crowdfunding, and the sharing economy.
KeywordsDigitalization Innovation Venturing Entrepreneurship Sharing economy Crowdfunding
The guest editors of this special issue thank the participants of the 2018 Global Innovation and Knowledge Academy (GIKA) Conference, held at the Catholic University of Valencia “San Vicente Mártir” in Spain from June 25th to 27th, 2018. We are especially grateful to Professors Ralf Ewert and Wolfgang Kürsten, Editors-in-Chief of the “Review of Managerial Science” for offering this special issue titled “Digital Innovation and Venturing”. We also thank all reviewers for providing constructive comments and suggestions to help the authors improve their papers.
- Bohnsack R, Hanelt A, Marz D, Antunes C (2018) Old wine in new bottles? A systematic review of the literature on digital transformation. In Academy of Management global proceedings, p 197 ffGoogle Scholar
- Laudien SM, Bouncken R, Pesch R (2018) Understanding the acceptance of digitalization-based business models: a qualitative-empirical analysis. In Academy of Management global proceedings, p 104Google Scholar
- Lawani S (1981) Bibliometrics: its theoretical foundations, methods and applications. Libri 31(4):294–315Google Scholar
- Niemand T, Rigtering C, Kallmünzer A, Kraus S, Matijas S (2017) Entrepreneurial orientation and digitalization in the financial service industry: a contingency approach. In: Proceedings of the European conference on information systems (ECIS), Guimarães, Portugal, June 5–10, 2017, pp 1081–1096Google Scholar
- Pesch R, Endres H, Bouncken RB (2018) Managing digital transformation: the merits of formalization. In Academy of Management global proceedings, p 204 ffGoogle Scholar
- Schumpeter JA (1934) The theory of economic development. Harvard University Press, CambridgeGoogle Scholar
- White HD, McCain KW (1989) Bibliometrics. Ann Rev Inf Sci Technol 24:119–186Google Scholar