Single image defogging based on particle swarm optimization
- 22 Downloads
Due to the lack of enough information to solve the equation of image degradation model, existing defogging methods generally introduce some parameters and set these values fixed. Inappropriate parameter setting leads to difficulty in obtaining the best defogging results for different input foggy images. Therefore, a single image defogging algorithm based on particle swarm optimization (PSO) is proposed in this letter to adaptively and automatically select optimal parameter values for image defogging algorithms. The proposed method is applied to two representative defogging algorithms by selecting the two main parameters and optimizing them using the PSO algorithm. Comparative study and qualitative evaluation demonstrate that the better quality results are obtained by using the proposed parameter selection method.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Tan R.T., Visibility in Bad Weather from a Single Image, IEEE Conference on Computer Vision and Pattern Recognition, 1 (2008).Google Scholar
- Tarel J.P. and Hautiere N., Fast Visibility Restoration from a Single Color or Gray Level Image, IEEE International Conference on Computer Vision, 2201 (2009).Google Scholar
- Lagorio A., Grosso E. and Tistarelli M., Automatic Detection of Adverse Weather Conditions in Traffic Scenes, IEEE Fifth International Conference on Advanced Video and Signal Based Surveillance, 273 (2008).Google Scholar
- Hautiere N., Tarel J.-P. and Aubert D., Towards Fog-Free in-Vehicle Vision Systems through Contrast Restoration, IEEE Conference on Computer Vision and Pattern Recognition, 2374 (2007).Google Scholar
- He K.M., Single Image Haze Removal using Dark Channel Prior, Ph.D. dissertation, The Chinese University of Hong Kong, 2011.Google Scholar
- Kennedy J. and Eberhart R.C., Particle Swarm Optimization, International Conference Neural Network, 1942 (1995).Google Scholar