Field testing of the surface electromagnetic prospecting system
- 85 Downloads
To test the performance of the Chinese whole-surface electromagnetic prospecting (SEP) system, system integrations, instrument performances, and large-scale production viabilities in Liaoning province and Inner Mongolia were measured via extensive field tests. Resultant electric fields, magnetic fields, apparent resistivities, impedance phases, and inversion profiles compared favorably with results of commercial equipment from other countries. The inversion results agreed well with the geologic information from boreholes. Field tests showed that the SEP system is stable, reliable, lightweight, and easy to operate, making it suitable and ready for real-field exploration.
Keywordsground electromagnetic instrument electromagnetic sounding system SEP CSAMT
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
We would like to thank the staff of the SEP research group for their contributions toward the development and testing of the SEP system.
- Chen, K., Wei, W. B., Deng, M., et al., 2015, A new magnetotelluric receiver: Geophysical and Geochemical Exploration, 39(4), 780–785.Google Scholar
- Di, Q. Y., Fang, G. Y., and Zhang, Y. M., 2013, Research of the surface electromagnetic prospecting (SEP) system: Chinese Journal Geophysics, 56(11), 3629–3639Google Scholar
- He, J. S., 1998. Development and prospect of electrical prospecting method: Journal of Geophysics (in Chinese), 40(S1), 308–316.Google Scholar
- Lin, P. R., Zheng, C. J., Shi, F. S., et al., 2006, The Research of Integrated Electromagnetic Method System: Acta Geologica Sinica, 80(10), 1539–1548.Google Scholar
- Nagighian, M. N., and Macnae, J. C., 1991, In Electromagnetic Methods in Applied Geophysics. Volume 2: Applications, Part B., ed. M. N. Nabighian. Tulsa: Society of Exploration Geophysicists, 427–520.Google Scholar
- Rees, N., Carter, S., and Heinson, G., 2016, Bayesian inversion of CSEM and magnetotelluric data: Geophysics, 77(1), E33–E42.Google Scholar
- Routh, P. S., and Oldenburg, D. W., 1999, Inversion of controlled-source audio-frequency magnetoteluric data for a horizontal-layered earth: Geophysics, 1999, 64(6), 1689–1697.Google Scholar
- Tang, J. T., Ren, Z. R., Zhou, C., et al., 2015, Frequencydomain electromagnetic methods for exploration of the shallow subsurface: A review: Chinese Journal Geophysics, 58(8), 2681–2705.Google Scholar
- Teng, J. W., 2010, Strengthing exploration of metallic minerals in the second depth space of the crust, Accelerating development and industrialization of new geophysical technology and instrumental equipment: Progress in Geophysics (in Chinese), 25(3), 729–748.Google Scholar
- Zhdanov, M. S., 2015, Inverse theory and applications in geophysics: Elsevier, Amsterdam, 615–645.Google Scholar