Asymptotic normality and parameter change test for bivariate Poisson INGARCH models
- 249 Downloads
In this paper, we consider the problem of testing for a parameter change in bivariate Poisson integer-valued GARCH(1, 1) models, constructed via a trivariate reduction method of independent Poisson variables. We verify that the conditional maximum-likelihood estimator of the model parameters is asymptotically normal. Then, based on these results, we construct CMLE- and residual-based CUSUM tests and derive that their limiting null distributions are a function of independent Brownian bridges. A simulation study and real data analysis are conducted for illustration.
KeywordsTime series of counts Bivariate Poisson INGARCH model Test for a parameter change CUSUM test
Mathematics Subject Classification62M10 62G20
We thank the Editor and the two anonymous referees for their careful reading and valuable comments to improve the quality of the paper. Sangyeol Lee’s research is supported by Basic Science Research Program through the National Research Foundation of Korea (NRF) funded by the Ministry of Science, ICT and future Planning (No. 2015R1A2A2A010003894).
- Andreassen CM (2013) Models and inference for correlated count data. Ph.D. thesis, Aarhus UniversityGoogle Scholar
- Heinen A (2003) Modelling time series count data: an autoregressive conditional Poisson model. CORE Discussion Paper 2003/62, Université catholique de LouvainGoogle Scholar
- Heinen A, Rengifo E (2003) Multivariate modeling of time series count data: an AR conditional Poisson model. CORE Discussion Paper 2003/23, Université catholique de LouvainGoogle Scholar
- Liu H (2012) Some models for time series of counts. Ph.D. thesis, Columbia UniversityGoogle Scholar
- McKenzie E (1985) Some simple models for discrete variate time series. Water Resour Bull 21(4):645–650Google Scholar
- McKenzie E (2003) Ch. 16. Discrete variate time series. Handb Stat 21:573–606Google Scholar