In-situ condition monitoring of reinforced concrete structures
- 101 Downloads
Performance of concrete structures is significantly influenced and governed by its durability and resistance to environmental or exposure conditions, apart from its physical strength. It can be monitored, evaluated and predicted through modeling of physical deterioration mechanisms, performance characteristics and parameters and condition monitoring of in situ concrete structures. One such study has been conducted using Non-destructive testing equipment in the city of Bhopal and around located in India. Some selected parameters influencing durability of reinforced concrete (RC) structures such as concrete cover, carbonation depth, chloride concentration, half cell potential and compressive strength have been measured, for establishing correlation among various parameters and age of structures. Effects of concrete cover and compressive strength over the variation of chloride content with time are also investigated.
Keywordsconcrete carbonation chloride corrosion monitoring models
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 5.Pal S C, Mukherjee A, Pathak S R. Corrosion behavior of reinforcement in slag concrete. ACI Materials Journal, 2002, 99(6): 1–7Google Scholar
- 20.Parameswaran L, Kumar R, Sahu G K. Effect of carbonation on concrete bridge service life. J Bid Eng, 2008, 13(1): 75–82Google Scholar
- 21.Costa A, Appleton J. Chloride penetration in marine environmentpart II: prediction of long term chloride penetration. Scien Rep RILEM 354–359, 1998Google Scholar
- 34.Cao H T, Sirivivatnanon V. Service life modelling of crack-freed and cracked reinforced concrete members subjected to working load. CIB world building congress, April 2001, Wellington, New Zealand, 2001, 1–11Google Scholar
- 35.Liang M, Huang R, Feng S, Yeh C. Service life prediction of pier for the existing reinforced concrete bridges in chloride-laden environment. Journal of Marine Science and Technology, 2009, 17(4): 312–319Google Scholar
- 38.Sobhani J, Ramezaninpour A A. Modeling the corrosion of reinforced concrete structures based on fuzzy systems. In: Proceedings of the 3rd International Conference of Concrete Development. 27–29 April, Tehran, Iran, 2009, 729–741Google Scholar