Robust nonlinear control via feedback linearization and Lyapunov theory for permanent magnet synchronous generator- based wind energy conversion system
- 1 Downloads
In this paper, the method for the nonlinear control design of a permanent magnet synchronous generator based-wind energy conversion system (WECS) is proposed in order to obtain robustness against disturbances and harvest a maximum power from a typical stochastic wind environment. The technique overcomes both the problem of nonlinearity and the uncertainty of the parameter compared to such classical control designs based on traditional control techniques. The method is based on the differential geometric feedback linearization technique (DGT) and the Lyapunov theory. The results obtained show the effectiveness and performance of the proposed approach.
Keywordspermanent magnet synchronous generator wind energy conversion system stochastic differential geometric feedback linearization maximum power point tracking Lyapunov robust control
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Harrabi N, Souissi M, Aitouche A, Chabaane M. Intelligent control of wind conversion system based on PMSG using T-S Fuzzy Scheme. International Journal of Renewable Energy Research, 2015, 5(4): 52–60Google Scholar
- 2.Emna M E, Adel K, Mimouni M F. The wind energy conversion system using PMSG controlled by vector control and SMC strategies. International Journal of Renewable Energy Research, 2013, 3(1): 41–50Google Scholar
- 3.Munteanu I, Bratcu A I, Cutululis N A, Ceang Ă E. Optimal Control of Wind Energy Systems: Toward a Global Approach. London: Springer, 2008Google Scholar
- 12.Tailor M R, Bhathawala P H. Linearization of nonlinear differential equation by Taylor’s series expansion and use of Jacobian linearization process. International Journal of Theoretical and Applied Science, 2011, 4(1): 36–38Google Scholar
- 15.Lu Q, Sun Y Z. Nonlinear stabilizing control of multi machine systems. IEEE Transactions on Power Systems, 1988, 4(1): 36–38Google Scholar
- 16.Hunt L R. Su R, Meyer G. Design for multi-input nonlinear systems in differential geometric control theory. Progress in Mathematics, 1982, 27: 268–298Google Scholar
- 30.Nguyen H M, Naidu D S. Direct fuzzy adaptive control for standalone wind energy conversion systems. In: Proceedings of the World Congress on Engineering and Computer Science, 2012, San Francisco, USAGoogle Scholar
- 31.Nichita C. Study and development of structures and digital control laws for the realization of 3 kWwind turbine simulator. Dissertation for the Doctoral Degree. France: Université du Havre, 1995 (in French)Google Scholar