Electrical properties and thermal sensitivity of Ti/Y modified CuO-based ceramic thermistors
- 55 Downloads
The Ti/Y modified CuO-based negative temperature coefficient (NTC) thermistors, Cu0.988-2yY0.008Ti y O (TYCO; y = 0.01, 0.015, 0.03, 0.05 and 0.07), were synthesized through a wet-chemical method followed by a traditional ceramic sintering technology. The related phase component and electrical properties were investigated. XRD results show that the TYCO ceramics have a monoclinic structure as that of CuO crystal. The TYCO ceramics can be obtained at the sintering temperature 970°C-990°C, and display the typical NTC characteristic. The NTC thermal-sensitive constants of TYCO thermistors can be adjusted from 1112 to 3700 K by changing the amount of Ti in the TYCO ceramics. The analysis of complex impedance spectra revealed that both the bulk effect and grain boundary effect contribute to the electrical behavior and the NTC effect. Both the band conduction and electron-hopping models are proposed for the conduction mechanisms in the TYCO thermistors.
KeywordsCuO TiO2 substitution electrical property negative temperature coefficient conduction mechanism
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Xue D, Zhang H, Li Y, et al. Electrical properties of hexagonal BaTi1–xFexO3–δ (x = 0.1, 0.2, 0.3) ceramics with NTC effect. Journal of Materials Science: Materials in Electronics, 2012, 23 (7): 1306–1312Google Scholar
- Ouyang P, Zhang H, Xue D, et al. NTC characteristic of SnSb0.05O2–BaTi0.8Fe0.2O3 composite materials. Journal of Materials Science: Materials in Electronics, 2013, 24(10): 3932–3939Google Scholar
- Zhang J, Zhang H, Yang B, et al. Temperature sensitivity of Fesubstituted SnO2-based ceramics as negative temperature coefficient thermistors. Journal of Materials Science: Materials in Electronics, 2016, 27(5): 4935–4942Google Scholar
- Ouyang P, Zhang H, Zhang Y, et al. Zr-substituted SnO2-based NTC thermistors with wide application temperature range and high property stability. Journal of Materials Science: Materials in Electronics, 2015, 26(8): 6163–6169Google Scholar
- Zhang Y, Wu Y, Zhang H, et al. Characterization of negative temperature coefficient of resistivity in (Sn1–xTix)0.95Sb0.05O2 (x≤0.1) ceramics. Journal of Materials Science: Materials in Electronics, 2014, 25(12): 5552–5559Google Scholar
- Yang B, Zhang H, Zhang J, et al. Electrical properties and temperature sensitivity of B-substituted CuO-based ceramics for negative temperature coefficient thermistors. Journal of Materials Science: Materials in Electronics, 2015, 26(12): 10151–10158Google Scholar