Processing and Characterization of Ag-Cu-Sn Brazing Alloy Prepared by a Mechanical Alloying Method
- 85 Downloads
Mechanical alloying was used to prepare an Ag-Cu-Sn brazing alloy with the low amounts of intermetallic compounds. X-ray diffraction and differential scanning calorimetry were carried out to investigate the phase transformation of the as-milled samples. It seemed that the intermetallic compounds experienced the stage of synthesis-decomposition-resynthesis in the ball milling process. By controlling the ball milling time and tin contents, the solid solution phases of Ag (Cu, Sn) and Ag (Cu) were achieved in the 60Ag30Cu10Sn sample after milling for 40 h. Although the intermetallic compound will be generated during the brazing process, the improvement of their distributed morphology is beneficial for the good bonding interface of the joint with stainless steel substrate.
KeywordsAg-Cu-Sn filler metal joining brazing mechanical alloying supersaturated solid solution
This work was financially supported by Huaguang Advanced Welding Materials Co., LTD under Grant No. H131064.
- 3.Y. Liu., J. F. Xu, Q. Y. Zhai, and H. L. Liu, 低蒸汽压中温钎料研究进展 (Research Progress on Medium Temperature Brazing Alloys with Low Vapour Pressure), Foundry Technology. 2011, 32(10), 1435–1438 (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- 9.F. Fang and M. He, Mechanical Alloying of Ag-Cu Immiscible Alloy System, J Shanghai Jiaotong Univ (Sci), 2006, E-11(1), p 84–87Google Scholar
- 13.D.K. Basri, L. Sisamouth, Y. Farazila, Y. Miyazawa, and T. Ariga, Brazeability and Mechanical Properties of Ag-Cu-Sn Brazing Filler Metals on Copper-Brazed Joint, Mater. Res. Innov., 2014, 18(S6), p p429–432Google Scholar
- 15.J.P. Hammond, S.A. David, and J.J. Woodhouse, Process for Forming Unusually Strong Joints Between Metals and Ceramics by Brazing at Temperatures that do no Exceed 750 degree C., US 4621761 AGoogle Scholar
- 19.Q.Y. Zhang and H.S. Zhuang, Manual of the Ternary alloy phase diagrams, China Machine Press, Beijing, 2011Google Scholar