Experimental Investigation of Phase Equilibria in the Ho-Ti-Si Ternary System at 973 K (700 °C)
- 74 Downloads
Phase equilibrium relations of the Ho-Ti-Si ternary system at 973 K (700 °C) were experimentally researched by means of X-ray diffraction (XRD), scanning electron microscopy (SEM), and energy-dispersive spectrometer (EDS). The isothermal section of the system at 973 K (700 °C) consists of 14 three-phase regions, 27 two-phase regions, and 14 single-phase regions. The phases Ti5Si3, Ti5Si4, TiSi, TiSi2, Ho5Si3, Ho5Si4, HoSi, αHoSi2-b, and βHoSi2-a are proved to exist at 973 K (700 °C). Previously reported HoTiSi and Ho2Ti3Si4 ternary compounds were confirmed to exist at this temperature. The solubility of Ho in the intermediate phases (i.e., TiSi2, TiSi, Ti5Si4, and Ti5Si3) at the Ti-Si side is extremely small. The maximum solubilities of Ti in HoSi2-b, Ho5Si4, and Ho5Si3 are confirmed to be 8.0, 7.2, and 6.0 at. pct, respectively.
This research work is supported by the National Natural Science Foundation of China (51761002), the National Key R&D Program of China (2016YFB0301400), and the Training Plan of High-Level Talents of Guangxi University (2015).
- 3.J.S. Wu, P.A. Beaven, R. Wagner et al., in High Temperature Ordered Intermetallic Alloys Material Research Society Symposium Proceedings, C.T. Liu et al., 1989, vol. 133, p. 761.Google Scholar
- 20.H.J. Seifert, H.L. Lukas and G. Petzov: Z. Met, 1996, vol. 87, pp. 2-13.Google Scholar
- 21.V.N. Svechnikov, Y.A. Kocherzhinsky, L.M. Yupko, O.G. Kulik, E.A. Shishkin: DOKLAD.YAKAD NAUK SSSR, 1970, vol. 193, pp.393-396.Google Scholar
- 26.Person’s Handbook of Crystallographic Data for Intermetallic Phases,Vol. 3, American Society for Metals, Metals Park, OH, 1985, p. 3144.Google Scholar
- 27.J. Emsley, The Elements, 2nd Edition, Clarendon Press, Oxford, 1991.Google Scholar