Shexiang Tongxin Dropping Pill (麝香通心滴丸) Protects against Na2S2O4-Induced Hypoxia-Reoxygenation Injury in H9c2 Cells
- 8 Downloads
To investigate the protective effects of Shexiang Tongxin Dropping Pill (麝香通心滴丸, STP) on Na2S2O4-induced hypoxia-reoxygenation injury in cardiomyoblast H9c2 cells.
The cell viability and levels of mRNA and protein expression in H9c2 cells were determined following Na2S2O4-induced hypoxia using Hoechst staining, annexin V/propidium iodide (PI) flow cytometry, real-time polymerase chain reaction and Western blot analysis.
STP pretreatment significantly increased the viability and inhibited aberrant morphological changes in H9c2 cardiomyoblast cells induced by Na2S2O4 treatment (P<0.05). In addition, STP pretreatment attenuated Na2S2O4-induced hypoxic damage, down-regulated the expression of pro-apoptotic Bax, and up-regulated the expression of anti-apoptotic Bcl-2 in H9c2 cells (P<0.05).
STP was strongly cardioprotective in hypoxia-reoxygenation injury by preventing hypoxic damage and inhibiting cellular apoptosis. These results further support the use of STP as an effective drug for the treatment of ischemic heart disease.
Keywordsmyocardial ischemia apoptosis Shexiang Tongxin Dropping Pill Chinese medicine Na2S2O4-induced hypoxia-reoxygenation injury
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
The project was completed in Academy of Integrative Medicine and Fujian Key Laboratory of Integrative Medicine on Geriatric of Fujian University of Traditional Chinese Medicine. We thank Inner Mongolia Conba Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd. for providing STP and support.
- 1.Fan J, Li GQ, Liu J, Wang W, Wang M, Qi Y, et al. Impact of cardiovascular disease deaths on life expectancy in Chinese population. Biomed Environm Sci 2014;27:162–168.Google Scholar
- 3.Al-Nimer MSM. Evaluation of anti-ischemic therapy in coronary artery disease: a review. In: Chaikovsky, ed. Coronary Artery Diseases; Europ: In Tech: 2012;151–196.Google Scholar
- 6.Ning HH. The analysis of Shexiang Tongxin Dropping Pill on treating coronary heart disease angina pectoris curative effect. Chin J Geriatric Care (Chin) 2012;10(3):46.Google Scholar
- 7.Zhang J, Xu XM, Wang WM. Shexiang Tongxin Dropping Pill combined with aspirin for treatment of unstable angina. Chin J Integr Med Cardio/Cerebrovasc Dis (Chin) 2011;9:917–918.Google Scholar
- 9.Sui W. Clinical observation of Shexiang Tongxin Dropping Pill in treating senile unstable agina pectoris. Chin Comm Doc (Chin) 2011;9:177–178.Google Scholar
- 10.Zhang HQ, Xu DL, Yan, L, Yuan LY, Jia JG, Sun AJ, et al. The protective function of Shexiang on endothelial injury induced by angiotensin II osmotic pump in the rat. Chin J Clin Med 2009;16:669–672.Google Scholar
- 12.Shi MF, He WJ, Liu YL, Li XR, Yang SL, Xu QM. Protective effect of total phenylethanoid glycosides from Monochasma savatieri Franch on myocardial ischemia injury. Phytomed Int J Phytother Phytopharmacol 2013;20:1251–1255.Google Scholar