Effects of Compound Zhebei Granule (复方浙贝颗粒) Combined with Doxorubicin on Expression of Specific Surface Antigens in Mice with Transplanted KG-1a Cells
- 22 Downloads
To investigate the effects of Compound Zhebei Granule (复方浙贝颗粒, CZG) combined with doxorubicin hydrochloride (adriamycin, ADM) on specific surface antigens in mice with KG-1a transplanted cells.
A subcutaneous tumor xenograft model was established by injection of the acute myeloid leukemia cell line KG-1a into the axillary flfl anks of BALB/c-nude mice. Twenty-four tumor bearing mice were divided into 4 groups according to a random number table, including normal saline control group, ADM group, high-dose CZG group, and mid-dose CZG group, with 6 mice in each group. Drug administration occurred on the 14th day after cell inoculation, and normal saline control group mice were gavaged with normal saline at 0.2 mL/10 g every other day. ADM group mice were intraperitoneally injected with ADM 1 mg/kg [conversion of adults, 40 mg/(m2•d)] every other day. High- and mid-dose CZG groups mice were gavaged with CZG at the dose of 8 and 4 g/kg respectively every other day and intraperitoneally injected with ADM (1 mg/kg) every other day. The administration period lasted for 10 days. The tumor xenografts were made into mononuclear cell suspensions after dissection, and the expressions of specific surface antigens, including CD34+CD38-, CD34+CD38-CD123+, CD34+CD38-CD96+ and CD34+CD38-CD33+, in KG-1a cell line tumor xenografts were detected by flfl ow cytometry.
Compared with the control and ADM groups, expression of CD34+CD38- in the two CZG groups was significantly lower (P<0.05). Compared with the control group, expression of CD34+CD38-CD123+ in the two CZG groups decreased (P<0.05). The high-dose CZG group showed more obvious outcomes compared with the ADM group (P<0.05). Compared with the control and ADM groups, the expression of CD34+CD38-CD96+ and CD34+CD38-CD33+ in the two CZG groups decreased (P<0.05).
CZG combined with doxorubicin could reduce the expression of CD34+CD38-, CD34+CD38-CD123+, CD34+CD38-CD96+ and CD34+CD38-CD33+ in KG-1a cell line tumor xenografts, which shows that CZG could target leukemia stem cells and play a role in chemosensitization.
Keywordsacute myeloid leukemia Chinese medicine doxorubicin adriamycin
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Wang Y, Han HX, Zhang JC, Zhu P. Resistance mechanisms and targeted therapy in leukemia stem cells. J Mod Oncol (Chin) 2011;19:1457–1460.Google Scholar
- 2.Li DY, TIan SD, Ye PZ, Zhang Y, Chen XY. Study of Compound Zhe Bei Particles improve clinical curative effect of the acute refractory leukemia adjuvant chemotherapy. Beijing J Tradit Chin Med (Chin) 2007;26:72–74.Google Scholar
- 3.Chen XY, Li DY, Tian SD. Diagnosis and treatment of refractory acute leukemia. J Chin Integr Med (Chin) 2009;29:177–182.Google Scholar
- 4.Song B, Zhang RY. Expression and its clinical sense of CDl23 on bone marrow stem cells and progenitor cells of patients with acute leukemia. Jiangxi Med J (Chin) 2010;45:305–306.Google Scholar
- 5.Han YL, Liu X, Li QW. Advances in signal transduction and functional of CD33 molecular. J Shangqiu Norm Univ (Chin) 2010;26(3):1–5.Google Scholar
- 7.Gramatzki M, Ludwig WD, Burger R, Moos P, Rohwer P, Grünert C, et al. Antibodies TC-12 ("unique") and TH-111 (CD96) characterize T cell acute lymphoblastic leukemia and a subgroup of acute myeloid leukemia. Exp Hematol 1998;126:1209–1214.Google Scholar
- 9.Wu Y, Xiao M, Zhu L, Zhou XX, Long Q, Xin X, et al. CD96 expression on bone marrow mononuclear cells in 91 patients with acute leukemia. J Exp Hematol (Chin) 2011;19:585–588.Google Scholar