Approximation algorithms for the priority facility location problem with penalties
- 161 Downloads
This paper considers the priority facility location problem with penalties. The authors develop a primal-dual 3-approximation algorithm for this problem. Combining with the greedy augmentation procedure, the authors further improve the previous ratio 3 to 1.8526.
KeywordsApproximation algorithm facility location problem greedy augmentation primal-dual
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Shmoys D B, Tardos É, and Aardal K I, Approximation algorithms for facility location problems, Proceedings of STOC, 1997, 265–274.Google Scholar
- Li S, A 1.488-approximation algorithm for the uncapacitated facility location problem, Proceedings of ICALP, Part II, 2011, 77–88.Google Scholar
- Guha S and Khuller S, Greedy strikes back: Improved facility location algorithms, Proceedings of SODA, 1998, 649–657.Google Scholar
- Charikar M, Khuller S, Mount D M, and Narasimhan G, Algorithms for facility location problems with outliers, Proceedings of SODA, 2001, 642–651.Google Scholar
- Hayrapetyan A, Swamy C, and Tardos É, Network design for information networks, Proceedings of SODA, 2005, 933–942.Google Scholar
- Chudak F A and Nagano K, Efficient solutions to relaxations of combinatorial problems with submodular penalties via the Lovász extension and non-smooth convex optimization, Proceedings of SODA, 2007, 79–88.Google Scholar
- Ravi R and Sinha A, Multicommodity facility location, Proceedings of SODA, 2004, 342–349.Google Scholar
- Mahdian M, Facility location and the analysis of algorithms through factor-revealing problems, Ph.D.’s degree thesis, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Cambridge, MA, 2004.Google Scholar