Exponential Stability of a Reparable Multi-State Device
- 127 Downloads
The exponential stability of a multi-state device is discussed in this paper. We present that the C 0-semigroup generated by the system operator is quasi-compact and irreducible. It is known that 0 is a simple eigenvalue of the system operator. In combination with this, we obtain that the time-dependent solution exponentially converges to the steady-state solution, which is the positive eigenfuction corresponding to the simple eigenvalue 0.
KeywordsC0-semigroup exponential stability irreducibility quasi-compact
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.H. B. Xu, J. Y. Yu, and G. T. Zhu, Asymptotic property of a reparable multi-state device, Quarterly of Applied Mathematics, 2005, 63(4): 779–789.Google Scholar
- 3.G. Gupur, X. Z. Li, and G. T. Zhu, Functional Analysis Method in Queueing Theory, Research Information Ltd, Hertfordshire, United Kingdom, 2001.Google Scholar
- 4.R. Nagel, One-Parameter Semigroup of Positive Operator, Lecture Notes in Mathematics, Springer-Verlag, New York, 1986.Google Scholar
- 5.Ph. Clément, H. J. A. M. Heijmans, S. Angenent, C. J. van Duijn, and B. de Pagter, One-Parameter Semigroup, North-Holland, Amsterdam·New York·Oxford·Tokyo, 1987.Google Scholar
- 6.G. Gupur and B. Z. Guo, Asymptotic property of the time-dependent solution of a reliability model, Journal of System Science and Complexity, 2005, 18(3): 319–339.Google Scholar
- 7.G. F. Webb, Theory of Nonlinear Age-Dependent Population Dynamics, Marcel Dekker, New York, 1985.Google Scholar