Optimal Birth Control for an Age-Dependent Competition System of N Species
- 50 Downloads
In this paper, we investigate optimal policies for an age-dependent n-dimensional competition system, which is controlled by fertility. By using Dubovitskii-Milyutin’s general theory, the maximum principles are obtained for the problems with free terminal states, infinite horizon, and target sets, respectively.
KeywordsAge-dependence optimal control population model system of partial differential equations the maximum principle
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.C. Rorres and W. Fair, Optimal age specific harvesting policy for continuous-time population model, Modeling and Differential Equations in Biology (ed. by T. A. Burton), Dekker, New York, 1980.Google Scholar
- 8.B. Z. Guo and G. Zhu, Control Theory of Population Distributional Parameter Systems (in Chinese), Press of Central China University of Science and Technology, Wuhan, China, 1999.Google Scholar
- 9.S. Anita, Analysis and Control of Age-Dependent Population Dynamics, Kluwer Academic Publishers, Dordrecht, 2000.Google Scholar
- 14.I. V. Girsanov, Lectures on mathematical theory of extremum problem, in Lecture Notes in Economics and Mathematical Systems, Vol. 67, Springer-Verlag, Berlin, 1972.Google Scholar
- 15.M. Iannelli, Mathematical Theory of Age-Structured Population Dynamics, Giardini Editori E Stampatori in Pisa, 1994.Google Scholar