Improved Robust H-Infinity Estimation for Uncertain Continuous-Time Systems
- 104 Downloads
The design of full-order robust estimators is investigated for continuous-time polytopic uncertain systems. The main purpose is to obtain a stable linear estimator such that the estimation error system remains robustly stable with a prescribed H ∞ attenuation level. Firstly, a simple alternative proof is given for an improved LMI representation of H ∞ performance proposed recently. Based on the performance criterion which keeps the Lyapunov matrix out of the product of the system dynamic matrices, a sufficient condition for the existence of the robust estimator is provided in terms of linear matrix inequalities. It is shown that the proposed design strategy allows the use of parameter-dependent Lyapunov functions and hence it is less conservative than the earlier results. A numerical example is employed to illustrate the feasibility and advantage of the proposed design.
KeywordsConservativeness estimation parameter-dependence polytopic uncertainty
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.A. V. Savkin and I. R. Petersen, Fixed-order robust filtering for linear uncertain systems, in Proceedings of the 35th Conference on Decision and Control, Kobe, Japan, 1996, 4800–4801.Google Scholar
- 2.L. Xie and C. E. de Souza, On Robust filtering for linear systems with parameter uncertainty, in Proceedings of the 34th IEEE Conference on Decision and Control, New Orleans La, 1995, 2087–2092.Google Scholar
- 3.T. H. Lee, W. S. Ra, T. S. Yoon, J. B. Park, S. Y. Jung, and J. E. Seo, Robust filtering for linear discrete-time systems with parameter uncertainties: A Krein space estimation approach, in Proceedings of the 42nd IEEE Conference on Decision and Control, Hawii, USA, 2003, 1285–1290.Google Scholar
- 4.H. Z. Li and M. Y. Fu, An LMI approach to Robust H ∞ filtering for linear systems, in Proceedings of the 34th Conference on Decision and Control, New Orleans La, 1995, 3608–3613.Google Scholar
- 5.Y. S. Lin, J. X. Qian, and S. L. Xu, A LMI approach to robust H ∞ filtering for discrete-time systems, in Proceedings of IEEE Conference on Control Application, 2003, 230–233.Google Scholar
- 8.L. H. Xie, L. L. Hu, D. Zhang, and H. S. Zhang, Robust filtering for uncertain discrete-time: An improved LMI approach, in Proceedings of the 42nd IEEE Conference on Decision and Control, Hawali, USA, 2003, 906–911.Google Scholar
- 9.H. J. Gao and C. H. Wang, New approaches to Robust and filtering for uncertain discrete-time systems, Science In China (Series F), 2003, 46(5): 356–370.Google Scholar
- 12.H. J. Gao and C. H. Wang, Robust state estimation for systems with uncertain parameters (in Chinese), Control and Decision, 2004, 19(2): 147–152.Google Scholar
- 13.M. C. De Oliveira, J. C. Geromel, and J. Bernussou, An LMI optimization approach to multiobjective controller design for discrete-time systems, in Proceedings of the 38th Conference on Decision and Control, Phoenix, USA, 1999, 3611–3616.Google Scholar
- 16.T. Li and Y. Jia, Improved LMI presentations for bounded real criterion of systems with polytopic type uncertainty, in Proceedings of the American Conference, Denver, Colorado, 2000, 851–856.Google Scholar