Particle Swarm Optimization Based Support Vector Regression for Blind Image Restoration
- 206 Downloads
This paper presents a swarm intelligence based parameter optimization of the support vector machine (SVM) for blind image restoration. In this work, SVM is used to solve a regression problem. Support vector regression (SVR) has been utilized to obtain a true mapping of images from the observed noisy blurred images. The parameters of SVR are optimized through particle swarm optimization (PSO) technique. The restoration error function has been utilized as the fitness function for PSO. The suggested scheme tries to adapt the SVM parameters depending on the type of blur and noise strength and the experimental results validate its effectiveness. The results show that the parameter optimization of the SVR model gives better performance than conventional SVR model as well as other competent schemes for blind image restoration.
Keywordsimage restoration support vector regression particle swarm optimization
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Gonzalez R,Woods R. Digital Image Processing (3rd edition). Addison-Wesley Longman, 1992.Google Scholar
- Tikhonov A N, Arsenin V Y. Solutions of Ill-Posed Problems, Winston, 1977.Google Scholar
- Hansen P C. Rank-Deficient and Discrete Ill-Posed Problems: Numerical Aspects of Linear Inversion. SIAM, 1997.Google Scholar
- Seghouane A K. Maximum likelihood blind image restoration via alternating minimization. In Proc. the 17th IEEE International Conference on Image Processing, September 2010, pp. 3581–3584.Google Scholar
- Vapnik V N. The Nature of Statistical Learning Theory. Springer-Verlag, 1995.Google Scholar
- Joachims T. Making large-scale support vector machine learning practical. In Advances in Kernel Methods: Support Vector Learning, SchÄolkopf B, Burges C J C, Smola A J (eds.), MIT Press, 1999, pp.169–184.Google Scholar
- Kennedy J, Eberhart R C. Particle swarm optimization. In Proc. International Conference on Neural Networks, November 27-December 1, 1995, pp.1942–1948.Google Scholar
- Kennedy J, Eberhart R C. A discrete binary version of the particle swarm algorithm. In Proc. IEEE International Conference on Systems, Man and Cybernetics, October 1997, pp.4104–4108.Google Scholar