Fault Diagnosis of Physical Defects Using Unknown Behavior Model
- 27 Downloads
A new fault model, called the X-fault model, is proposed for fault diagnosis of physical defects with unknown behaviors by using X symbols. An efficient X-fault simulation method and an efficient X-fault diagnostic reasoning method are presented. Fault diagnosis based on the X-fault model can improve the accuracy of failure analysis for a wide range of physical defects in complex and deep submicron integrated circuits.
KeywordsInformation System Artificial Intelligence Data Structure Information Theory Simulation Method
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Abramovici M, Breuer M, Friedman A. Digital Systems Testing and Testable Design. Computer Science Press, 1990.Google Scholar
- Beh C et al. Do stuck fault models reflect manufacturing defects. In Proc. Int. Test Conf., 1982, pp.35–42.Google Scholar
- Itazaki N, Idomoto Y, Kinoshita K. A fault simulation method for crosstalk faults in synchronous sequential circuits. In Proc. 26th Fault-Tolerant Computing Symp., 1996, pp.38–43.Google Scholar
- Lavo D, Larrabee T, Chess B. Beyond the Byzantine generals: Unexpected behavior and bridging fault diagnosis. In Proc. Int. Test Conf., 1996, pp.611–619.Google Scholar
- Maeda T, Kinoshita K. Precise test generation for resistive bridging fault of CMOS combinational circuits. In Proc. Int. Test Conf., 2000, pp.510–519.Google Scholar
- Tahakashi H et al. Simulation-based diagnosis for crosstalk faults in sequential circuits. In Proc. Asian Test Symp., 2001, pp.63–68.Google Scholar
- Mao W, Gulati R K. QUIETEST: A quiescent current testing methodology for detecting short faults. In Proc. ICCAD’90, Nov. 1990, pp.280–283.Google Scholar
- Maxwell P, Aiken R. Biased voting: A method for simulating CMOS bridging faults in the presence of variable gate logic thresholds. In Proc. Int. Test Conf., 1993, pp.63–72.Google Scholar
- Wen X et al. Fault diagnosis for static CMOS circuits. In Proc. Asian Test Symp., 1997, pp.282–287.Google Scholar
- Boppana B et al. Multiple error diagnosis based on Xlists. In Proc. Design Automation Conf., 1999, pp.100–110.Google Scholar
- Huang S. Speeding up the Byzantine fault diagnosis using symbolic simulation. In Proc. VLSI Test Symp., 2002, pp.193–198.Google Scholar