Frequency Tunable Graphene Metamaterial Reflectarray
- 49 Downloads
In this paper, the radiation characteristics of frequency tunable graphene based metamaterial reflectarray have been investigated. The unit-cell consists of graphene two gaps split-ring-resonator (SRR) printed on a thick SiO2 substrate. The metamaterial parameters of the unit-cell have been calculated at different graphene chemical potentials and different SRR gaps. Using waveguide simulator, the reflection coefficient phase of the graphene metamaterial reflectarray unit-cell has been investigated. A 13 × 13 graphene metamaterial reflectarray antenna fed by a circular horn antenna is designed and analyzed at different graphene chemical potentials. Full-wave analysis for the graphene metamaterial reflectarray antenna has been applied using the finite integration technique.
KeywordsGraphene Metamaterial Reflectarray
- 2.Kadam, N. T., Janwalkar, K. S., & Odhekar, A. A. (2015). Parameter extraction for negative index metamaterials. In International conference on computer technology. Google Scholar
- 5.Bao, W. (2012). Electrical and mechanical properties of graphene. Ph.D. Thesis, University of California, USA.Google Scholar
- 7.Shaker, J., Chaharmir, M. R., & Ethier, J. (2013). Reflectarray antennas. Artech House.Google Scholar
- 8.Liu, L., & Hattori, H. T. (2015). Tunable terahertz metamaterials based on ultra-subwavelength graphene-dielectric structures. In 20th microoptics conference (MOC), Fukuoka (pp. 1–2). https://doi.org/10.1109/moc.2015.7416390.
- 11.Hassan, W. M. (2016). Analysis and design of high gain lens antennas. Ph.D. Thesis, Faculty of Electronic Engineering, Menoufia University, Egypt.Google Scholar