Novel Multi-room Multi-obstacle Indoor Propagation Model for Wireless Networks
In this paper a new propagation model is proposed for use in complex indoor environments. The model was tested in the frequency range of 2.4 GHz in the environment with long hallways where the effect of guided waves may occur. The comparison with measurements confirmed that proposed model can be effectively used in such environments.
KeywordsIndoor Radio propagation model Parameter estimation WLAN Guided waves
This research is supported by the Serbian Ministry of Science and Technological Development Projects Numbers TR320025 and TR36047. The authors would like to thank professors Natasa Neskovic and Aleksandar Neskovic from School of Electrical Engineering, University of Belgrade for all the help and advices.
- 4.Mohammed, Y. E., Abdallah, A. S., & Liu, Y. A. (2003). Characterization of indoor penetration loss at ISM band. In Proceedings of Asia-Pacific conference on environmental electromagnetic CEEM’ 2003, Hangzhou, China, 7993387.Google Scholar
- 5.Cherukuri, J. (2004). Comparative study of stochastic indoor propagation models. Technical report, The University of North Carolina at Charlotte, 2004.Google Scholar
- 6.Katulski, R. J., & Lipka, A. (2007). Methodology of radio signal power distribution modeling for WLAN networks. In Proceedings of EUROCON 2007 the international conference on computer as a tool, Warsaw, Poland, 9810560.Google Scholar
- 7.Žarković, J., Stojković, P., & Nešković, N. (2011). 3D statistički propagacioni model za indoor radio pokrivanje u WLAN mrežama. In Proceedings of telecommunications forum TELFOR 2011, Belgrade, Serbia (pp. 461–464).Google Scholar
- 9.Further advancements for E-UTRA (physical layer aspects). 3GPP TR 36.814 v9.0.0 2010 Tech. Rep. 4.Google Scholar
- 10.Kyösti, P. et al. (2008). IST-4-027756 WINNER II D1.1.2 V1.2 WINNER II Channel Models.Google Scholar
- 11.Erceg, V. et al. (2004). TGn channel Models IEEE P802.11WLANs, Technical Reports.Google Scholar
- 18.Borenovic, M., & Neskovic, A. Indoor georeferenced RSSI database. Resource documents. Avaiable online at http://telekomunikacije.etf.rs/research/wlanpositioning/rssiDatabase.zip. Accessed July 2017.
- 19.Cisco Aironet 802.11a/b/g Cardbus AIR-CB21AG-E-K9. Avaiable online at https://www.cisco.com. Accessed November 2017.
- 20.Neter, J., Kutner, M. H., Nachtsheim, C. J., & Wassermann, W. (1996). Applied linear statistical model (4th ed.). Chicago: McGraw-Hill/Irwin.Google Scholar
- 23.Molina-Garcia-Pardo, J., Lienard, M., & Deguaque, P. (2009). Propagation in tunnels: Experimental investigations and channel modeling in a wide frequency band for MIMO applications. EURASIP Journal on Wireless Communiactions and Networking, 2009, 7.Google Scholar
- 24.MATLAB. Resource document. www.mathworks.com.