OTA Test Method for Receiver Sensitivity of Mobile Communication Base Station Based on the Conduction Method
The paper carries out test towards the mobile communication base station antenna radiation port over the air (OTA), analyzes the interference generated by antenna, and tests the single input and single output OTA with conduction method. The conduction-based test firstly checks the reversed interference generated at the base station radio frequency port as well as the antenna interface parameters, then uses channel simulator to replace the empty port wireless environment to simulate the wireless circumstance of base station communication, including reversed interference and multi-path signal, next measures the receiving sensitivity of the base station radio frequency port, and finally figures out the antenna radiation port sensitivity level. The results reveal when compared with normally used far-field test method, the conduction-based test has low uncertainty but accurate outcome.
KeywordsOTA test SISO Conduction test Receiver sensitivity
The authors acknowledge the Zhejiang Public Beneficial Technology Research Project (Grants: LGN18F020003, 2015C31153), the Soft science project of Ningbo City (Grant: 2015A10037), the Natural Science Fund of Ningbo (2014A610082).
- 1.Guo, Z. T. (2011). Research and analysis of the three-order inter-modulation and interference in mobile communication system. Mobile Communications, 35(24), 51–55.Google Scholar
- 2.Ye, M., He, Y. N., Sun, Q. F., et al. (2013). Review of passive intermodulation interference problem under high power signals. Space Electronic Technology, 10(1), 75–79.Google Scholar
- 4.Shen, M. Y., Tao, H. B., Li, J., et al. (2013). Ripple test analysis and simulation for anechoic chamber used in mobile stations OTA performance measurement. Journal of Microwaves, 29(2), 25–29.Google Scholar
- 5.Liu, J., Ma, Y., Qu, L. Y., et al. (2014). Research on radar cross section measurement method of low-scattering objects in microwave anechoic chamber. Journal of PLA University of Science and Technology (Natural Science Edition), 14(1), 19–24.Google Scholar
- 7.Kan, G. J., Lin, W. B., Zhang, H. T., et al. (2017). Research and design of practical UWB DRA. Modern Electronics Technique, 40(13), 77–79.Google Scholar
- 9.Bai, T. Y., & Wu, W. (2000). The calibration and use of antenna factor. Chinese Journal of Radio Science, 15(4), 526–529.Google Scholar
- 10.Zhang, L., Guo, H., & Cao, H. (2009). Evaluation on measurement uncertainty of total isotropic sensitivity(TIS) for GSM mobile phones. Communications Technology, 42(1), 233–235.Google Scholar
- 12.Zhang, W. P. (2014). Analysis on calibration and uncertainty for TD-LTE Radio test system. Sensors and Transducers, 173(6), 47–51.Google Scholar