Carbon Nitride Nanocomposites with Layered Niobates as Photocatalysts for Hydrogen Evolution from Aqueous Solutions of Organic Acids by the Action of Visible Light
- 17 Downloads
The efficiency of H2 evolution from aqueous solutions of organic acids using composite photocatalysts derived from layered KNb3O8 and C3N4 was found to be much higher than for individual C3N4. This enhanced photocatalytic activity may be attributed to better separation of the photogenerated charges between the composite components and suppression of unwanted electron–hole recombination.
Key wordscarbon nitride layered niobates nanocomposite photocatalytic hydrogen evolution visible light
This work was carried out with the partial support of a grant from the National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine for Young Scientists (2017-2018) and a directed joint research program of the National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine entitled Fundamental Problems in the Creation of New Nanomaterials and Nanotechnologies.
- 2.O. L. Stroyuk and S. Ya. Kuchmy, Photocatalysis: Fundamentals, Applications and Prospects,M. Howard (ed.), Nova Science Publ., New York (2015), pp. 31-84.Google Scholar
- 5.A. L. Stroyuk, A. E. Raevskaya, and S. Ya. Kuchmy, Teor. Éksp. Khim., 53, No. 1, 3-32 (2018). [Theor. Exp. Chem., 53, No. 1, 1-35 (2018) (English translation).]Google Scholar
- 7.A. L. Stroyuk, Ya. V. Panasyuk, A. E. Raevskaya, and S. Ya. Kuchmy, Teor. Éksp. Khim., 51, No. 4, 236-243 (2015). [Theor. Exp. Chem., 51, No. 4, 243-251 (2015) (English translation).]Google Scholar
- 19.V. V. Shvalagin, G. Ya. Grodzyuk, N. S. Andryushina, et al., Teor. Éksp. Khim., 52, No. 6, 337-341 (2016). [Theor. Exp. Chem., 52, No. 6, 337-341 (2017) (English translation).]Google Scholar
- 21.D. R. Lide (ed.), CRC Handbook of Chemistry and Physics, CRC Press, Boca Raton (2004).Google Scholar
- 22.B. Kienzler and J. Swanson, Microbial Effects in the Context of Past German Safety Cases (KIT Scientific Reports; 7744), KIT Sci. Publ. (2017).Google Scholar
- 23.A. V. Korzhak, N. I. Ermokhina, A. L. Stroyuk, et al., J. Photochem. Photobiol. A, 198, Nos. 2/3, 126-134 (2008).Google Scholar
- 24.V. V. Shvalagin, G. Ya. Grodzyuk, G. V. Korzhak, et al., Teor. Éksp. Khim., 53, No. 2, 94-99 (2017). [Theor. Exp. Chem., 53, No. 2, 100-105 (2017) (English translation).]Google Scholar
- 25.A. I. Kulak, Electrochemistry of Semiconductor Heterostructures [in Russian], Universitetskoe, Minsk (1986).Google Scholar