On the Solvability of Inclusions with Multivalued Compact Perturbations of Bi-Mappings
- 31 Downloads
This paper is about the solvability of the inclusion
where X is a reflexive Banach space, L ∈ X ∗, A is maximal monotone in one argument and continuous in the other argument in certain sense, and F is a multivalued perturbing term, which is compact in certain sense. We are interested in appropriate conditions on A and F such that this inclusion has solutions within a closed and convex set. We also prove that under such conditions the mapping u ↦ A (u, u) + F(u) is in fact generalized pseudomonotone in the sense of Browder and Hess (J. Funct. Anal. 11, 251–294, 1972).
$$A(u,u) + F(u) \ni L , $$
KeywordsInclusion Maximal monotone mapping Generalized pseudomonotone mapping Class (S)+ Multivalued mapping
Mathematics Subject Classifications (2010)58E35 47J20 47J25 35J87
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
The author is very grateful for the referees’ careful reading of the manuscript and invaluable comments and suggestions.
- 5.Bensoussan, A., Lions, J.-L.: Applications of variational inequalities in stochastic control. Studies in Mathematics and Its Applications, vol. 12. North-Holland, Amsterdam (1982)Google Scholar
- 6.Bensoussan, A., Lions, J.-L.: Impulse Control and Inequalities, Quasivariational. Gauthier-Villars Montrouge (1984)Google Scholar
- 7.Browder, F.E., Hess, P.: Nonlinear mappings of monotone type in Banach spaces. J. Funct. Anal. 11, 251–294 (1972)Google Scholar
- 9.Ceng, L.-C., Yao, J.-C.: Existence theorems for generalized set-valued mixed (quasi-) variational inequalities in Banach spaces. J. Global Optim. 55 1, 27–51 (2013)Google Scholar
- 11.Brézis, H.: Opérateurs maximaux monotones et semi-groupes de contractions dans les espaces de Hilbert. North Holland Math Studies, vol. 5. North-Holland, Amsterdam (1973)Google Scholar
- 15.Kano, R., Kenmochi, N., Murase, Y.: Existence theorems for elliptic quasi-variational inequalities in Banach spaces, Recent advances in nonlinear analysis, pp. 149–169. World Science Publisher, Hackensack (2008)Google Scholar
- 16.Kenmochi, N.: Monotonicity and compactness methods for nonlinear variational inequalities, Handbook of differential equations, Vol. IV, pp. 203–298. Elsevier/North-Holland, Amsterdam (2007)Google Scholar
- 17.Kravchuk, A.S., Neittaanmäki, P.J.: Variational and Quasi-Variational Inequalities in Mechanics Solid Mechanics and Its Applications, vol. 147. Springer, Dordrecht (2007)Google Scholar
- 20.Le, V.K.: Existence results for quasi-variational inequalities with multivalued perturbations of maximal monotone mappings, Results Math. - Online First - 10.1007/s00025-016-0547-6 (2016)
- 23.Murase, Y.: Abstract quasi-variational inequalities of elliptic type and applications, Nonlocal and abstract parabolic equations and their applications, Banach Center Publ., vol. 86, Polish Acad. Sci. Inst. Math., Warsaw (2009)Google Scholar
- 24.Murase, Y., Kano, R., Kenmochi, N.: Elliptic quasi-variational inequalities and applications. Discrete Contin. Dyn. Syst. no. Dynamical Systems, Differential Equations and Applications. 7th AIMS Conference, suppl., 583–591 (2009)Google Scholar
© Springer Science+Business Media B.V. 2017