Entropy solutions to the Verigin ultraparabolic problem
- 29 Downloads
We study the Cauchy problem for the two-dimensional ultraparabolic model of filtration of a viscous incompressible fluid containing an admixture, with diffusion of the admixture in a porous medium taken into account. The porous medium consists of the fibers directed along some vector field n ⊥. We prove that if the nonlinearity in the equations of the model and the geometric structure of fibers satisfy some additional “genuine nonlinearity” condition then the Cauchy problem with bounded initial data has at least one entropy solution and the fast oscillating regimes possible in the initial data are promptly suppressed in the entropy solutions. The proofs base on the introduction and systematic study of the kinetic equation associated with the problem as well as on application of the modification of Tartar H-measures which was proposed by Panov.
Keywordsultraparabolic equation entropy solution genuine nonlinearity anisotropic porous medium nonlinear convection-diffusion kinetic equation
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Verigin N. N., “Some problems of chemical hydrodynamics of interest for hydraulic engineering and land reclamation,” Izv. Akad. Nauk SSSR, Otd. Tekh., 10, 1369–1382 (1953).Google Scholar
- 2.Verigin N. N., “Filtration of solutions and emulsions in a porous medium,” in: Abstracts: Second All-Union Congress on Theoretical and Applied Mechanics, Nauka, Moscow, 1964, p. 50.Google Scholar
- 3.Polubarinova-Kochina P. Ya., Numerov S. N., Charnyi I. A., and Entov V. M. (Eds.), Development of Studies on Filtration Theory in the URSS (1917–1967) [in Russian], Nauka, Moscow (1969).Google Scholar
- 4.Rachinskii V. V. and Gapon T. B., Chromatography in Biology [in Russian], Izd. Akad. Nauk SSSR, Moscow (1953).Google Scholar
- 5.Antontsev S. N., Kazhikhov A. V., and Monakhov V. N., Boundary Value Problems of Inhomogeneous Fluid Mechanics [in Russian], Nauka, Novosibirsk (1983).Google Scholar
- 7.Bear J., Dynamics of Fluids in Porous Media, Dover Publ., New York (1988).Google Scholar
- 10.Perthame B., Kinetic Formulations of Conservation Laws, Oxford Univ. Press, Oxford (2002).Google Scholar
- 11.Plotnikov P. I., Ultraparabolic Muskat Equations [Preprint/ Center of Mathematics, University of Beira Interior; No. 6] Covilhã, Portugal (2000).Google Scholar
- 15.Bourbaki N., Integration: Measures. Integration of Measures [Russian translation], Nauka, Moscow (1965).Google Scholar
- 18.Panov E. Yu., “On a sequence of measure-valued solutions to a first-order quasilinear equation,” Mat. Sb., 185, No. 1, 87–106 (1994).Google Scholar