A short proof of rigidity of convex polytopes
- 61 Downloads
We present a much simplified proof of Dehn’s theorem on the infinitesimal rigidity of convex polytopes. Our approach is based on the ideas of Trushkina  and Schramm .
Keywordsconvex polytope infinitesimal rigidity Dehn theorem
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Trushkina V. I., “A coloring theorem and the rigidity of a convex polyhedron,” Ukrain. Geom. Sb., No. 24, 116–122 (1981).Google Scholar
- 4.Connelly R., “Rigidity,” in: Handbook of Convex Geometry. Vol. A, North-Holland, Amsterdam, 1993, pp. 223–271.Google Scholar
- 5.Alexandrov A. D., Convex Polyhedra, Springer, Berlin (2005).Google Scholar
- 6.Berger M., Géométrie. Vol. 1–5, Nathan, Cedic, Paris (1977).Google Scholar
- 8.Whiteley W., “Rigidity and scene analysis,” in: Handbook of Discrete and Computational Geometry, CRC Press, Boca Raton, FL, 1997, pp. 893–916.Google Scholar
- 9.Alexandrov V., “Inverse function theorems and their applications to the theory of polyhedra, ” Rev. Math. Math. Phys. (to appear).Google Scholar
- 10.Pak I., Lectures on Combinatorial Geometry and Convex Polytopes (a monograph in preparation).Google Scholar
- 12.Gluck H., “Almost all simply connected closed surfaces are rigid,” in: Lecture Notes in Math., Springer, Berlin, 438, 1975, pp. 225–239.Google Scholar
© Springer Science+Business Media, Inc. 2006