S&T publications output of Nepal: a quantitative analysis, 2001–10
- 266 Downloads
This study analyses the research output of Nepal in S&T during 2001–10 on several parameters including its growth and country publications share in the world’s research output, country publications share in various subjects in the national and global context, pattern of research communication in core domestic and international journals, geographical distribution of publications, share of international collaborative publications at the national level as well as across subjects and characteristics of high productivity institutions, authors and cited papers. The Scopus Citation Database has been used to retrieve the publication data for 10 years.
KeywordsNepal Publication output Quantitative analysis
- Desar, S. K. (2011). Retrieved December 1, 2011, from Nepal.nis.apctt.org/PDF/CSNWorkshop_Report_P353_Nepal.pdf.
- Education financing planning in Asia: Implementing medium-term expenditure framework-Nepal. Bangkok: Unesco. (2010). Retrieved September 9, 2011, from Unesdoc.unesco.org/images/0018/001875/187541e.pdf.
- Gupta, B. M. (2010). A comparative study of India, China and South Korea S&T Publication Output during 1999–2008. Annals of Library and Information Studies, 2010(57), 207–221.Google Scholar
- Gupta, B.M. & Dhawan, S.M. (2008). Status of India in science and technology as reflected in its Indian publication output in Scopus international database, 1996–2006 (p. 70). New Delhi: NISTADS.Google Scholar
- Krishna, V. V. & Krishna, U. (2011) The science and technology system of Nepal. Retrieved November 1, 2011, from Portal.unesco.org/education/en/files/55598/11999611785NEPAL.pdf/NEPAL.pdf.
- Nepal. (2011). Retrieved September 9, 2011, from www.cia.gov/library/publications/the-world-factbook/goes/np/html.
- Nepal Academy of Science and Technology. Science and technology indicators of Nepal (2010). Retrieved December 1, 2011, from Lalitpur.2010www.Nast.org.np/alluploads/country%20Report_Booklet.pdf).
- Patra, S. K., & Chand, P. (2009). Library and information science research in SAARC and ASEAN Countries as reflected in LISA. Annals of Library & Information Studies, 56(1), 41–51.Google Scholar