Modeling the Deflection of Polarized Electrons with Energies in the Range 3.35–14 GeV in a Bent Silicon Crystal
- 1 Downloads
The evolution of the magnetic moment of a relativistic particle is described with the help of the Bargmann–Michel–Telegdi equation in the planar channels of a bent silicon crystal with allowance for multiple scatteringboth along and transverse to the (111) atomic plane, which consists of <110> chains. Results of numerical simulations demonstrate a strong dependence of the degree of depolarization of the electron beam on the energy since at the energies 3.35 and 4.2 GeV the maximum in the distribution over rotation angles of the electron spin is absent, and at energies from 6.3 to 14 GeV the position of the maximum is in line with the theoretical estimate obtained using the formula of V. L. Lyuboshits.
KeywordsBargmann–Michel–Telegdi equation depolarization of an electron beam channeling
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.L. Burmistrov, G. Calderini, Yu. Ivanov, et al., CERN-SPSC-2016-030 (2016).Google Scholar
- 3.G. M. Gurevich, A. A. Lukhanin, F. Maas, et al., Proceedings of the XVIth International Workshop in Polarized Sources, Targets, and Polarimetry PSTP2015, Bochum, PoS (PSTP2015)043.Google Scholar
- 8.V. L. Lyuboshits, Yad. Fiz., 31, 986 (1980).Google Scholar
- 9.V. P. Koshcheev, Yu. N. Shtanov, D. A. Morgun, and T. A. Panina, Тech. Phys. Lett., 41, No. 10, 946 (2015).Google Scholar
- 11.Yu. N. Shtanov, V. P. Koshcheev, and D. A. Morgun, JINRLIB Software Library, URL: http://wwwinfo.jinr.ru/programs/jinrlib/tropics/index.html (access date: 02.17.2017).
- 14.Yu. N. Shtanov, D. A. Morgun, and A. S. Fokin, Certificate of State Registration of Computer Program No. 2014618657, Rospatent, Moscow (2014).Google Scholar