Emission from Polymethyl Methacrylate Irradiated by a Beam of Runaway Electrons of Subnanosecond Pulse Durations
- 33 Downloads
Spectral and amplitude-temporal characteristics of emission from polymethyl methacrylate (fiberglass, PMMA) irradiated with a beam of runaway electrons of subnanosecond duration are investigated. It is found that at the beam current pulse duration within 200–600 ps at half maximum and the beam current density 10–200 A/cm2, the intensity maximum is registered at the wavelength ~490 nm and the emission pulse FWHM in the visible spectrum is ~1.5 ns at the half width. It is shown that the main contribution into the emission comes from luminescence.
KeywordsPMMA luminescence beam of runaway electrons Cherenkov radiation
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.L. N. Elberson, Y. Ping, R. L. She epherd, et al., Rev. Sci. Instrum., 80, No. 2, 023302 (2009).Google Scholar
- 4.L. P. Babich, T. V. Loiko, and A. V. Rodigin, Doklady Akad. Nauk, 457, No. 6, 646–649 (2014).Google Scholar
- 6.V. F. Tarasenko, E. Kh. Baksht, D. V. Beloplotov, et al., JETP Letters, 102, Issue 6, 350–354 (2015).Google Scholar
- 7.Yu. A. Andreev, I. D. Kostyrya, V. I. Koshelev, and V. F. Tarasenko, JTP, 76, Issue 5, 105–111 (2014).Google Scholar
- 8.I. D. Kostyrya and V. F. Tarasenko, Izv. Vyssh.Uchebn. Zaved. Fizika, 57, No.12/2, 225–229 (2014).Google Scholar
- 11.E. Kh. Baksht, A. G. Buranchenko, and V. F. Tarasenko, JTP Letters, 36, Issue 21, 102–110 (2010).Google Scholar
- 13.A. G. Buranchenko and V. F. Tarasenko, JTP Letters, 36, Issue 24, 85–94 (2010).Google Scholar
- 15.J. V. Jelly, Cherenkov’s Radiation and its Application, N.Y, Pergamon (1958).Google Scholar