The Structure and Properties of Functional Titanium Nickelide-Based TN–10, TN–20, and TN–1V Alloys
- 25 Downloads
The interrelation among the structural features, martensitic transformation characteristics, and physical-mechanical properties of functional titanium nickelide-based TN–10, TN–20, and TN–1V alloys is investigated. Martensitic transformations in a TN–10 alloy at temperatures of 273 and 298 K are found to develop at lower martensite shear stresses than in TN–20 and TN–1V alloys. This is due to the internal structure formed in the production of the material. The degree of ultimate strain and the magnitude of ultimate stress for each of the alloys depend on the state of the matrix at a pre-assigned deformation temperature and on the contribution of the martensitic transformation mechanisms of deformation under applied load. The structure formed and the plastic component of deformation are shown to exert a dramatic effect on the type and characteristics of fracture.
Keywordstitanium nickelide functional alloys physical-mechanical properties structure phase transformation
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.V. É. Gunther, V. N. Khodorenko, T. L. Chekalkin, et al., Medical Shape-Memory Materials, vol. 1 [in Russian], NPP MITs Publishing House, Tomsk (2011).Google Scholar
- 2.V. É. Gunther, Shape-Memory Materials and New Medical Technologies, prof. V. É. Gunther, ed. [in Russian], NPP MITs Publishing House, Tomsk (2006).Google Scholar
- 3.V. É. Gunther, V. N. Khodorenko, and T. L. Chekalkin, Implant. Pam. Formy, Nos. 1–2, 5–15 (2011).Google Scholar
- 5.T, Yu. Maletkina and V. É. Gunther, Implant. Pam. Formy, No. 1, 15– 23 (1995)..Google Scholar
- 6.V. É. Gunther and V. N. Khodorenko, Implant. Pam. Formy, Nos. 1–2, 5–12, (2008).Google Scholar
- 7.R. Honeycombe, The Plastic Deformation of Metals, Edward Arnold, London (1968).Google Scholar
- 8.E. Yu. Panchenko, Yu. I. Chumlyakov, I. V. Kireeva, et al., Fiz. Met. Metalloved., 106, 597–609 (2008).Google Scholar
- 9.A. P. Gulyaev, Metal Science[in Russian], Metallurgiya (1977).Google Scholar
- 10.J. A. Fellows, ed., Fractography and Atlas of Fractographs, Amer. Soc. Metals (1974).Google Scholar