Study of the Energy Characteristics of Metallized Mixed Compositions Based on a Binary Oxidizer at Increased Pressures
- 32 Downloads
Results of a thermodynamic calculation of the energy characteristics for mixed compositions containing aluminum powder are presented. The influence of the aluminum content in the mixed compositions on the adiabatic combustion temperature, specific impulse, and composition of the combustion products is considered. Results of an experimental study of combustion of metallized mixed compositions in the pressure range from 0.1 to 6 MPa are presented. The effect of the aluminum powder dispersity and the relative content of the components of the mixed composition on the pressure dependence of the burning rate is demonstrated.
Keywordsthermodynamic calculation steady burning rate aluminum dispersity mixed composition
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.D. A. Yagodnikov, Ignition and Combustion of Powdered Metals [in Russian], Bauman Moscow State Technical University Publishing House, Moscow (2009).Google Scholar
- 4.V. N. Simonenko and V. E. Zarko, in: Energetic Materials: Thirtieth International Annual Conference of ICT, Karlsruhe, Germany (1999), pp. 21-1–21-14.Google Scholar
- 5.V. A. Babuk, A. V. Gamzov, A. A. Glebov, and I. N. Dolotkazin, Khim. Fiz. Mezoskopiya, 8, No. 1, 33–44 (2006).Google Scholar
- 7.D. I. Abugov and V. M. Bobylev, Theory and Calculation of Solid Fuel Rocket Engines [in Russian], Mashinostroenie, Moscow (1987).Google Scholar
- 8.B. G. Trusov, The Astra-4 Software Package for Modeling Chemical and Phase Equilibria at High Temperatures, Bauman Moscow State Technical University Publishing House, Moscow (1991).Google Scholar
- 9.V. A. Babuk, G. Ya. Pavlovets, V. Yu. Meleshko, and N. I. Shishov, Izv. Ross. Akad. Raket. Artiller. Nauk, No. 2 (39), 30–36 (2004).Google Scholar
- 11.A. A. Gromov, ed., Physics and Chemistry of Combustion of Metallic Nanopowders in Nitrogen-Containing Gaseous Mixtures [in Russian], Tomsk State University Publishing House, Tomsk (2007).Google Scholar