Second Harmonic Generation of Self-Mode-Locked СО2-Laser Radiation in GaSe and GaSeS Crystals
- 46 Downloads
A TEA CO2 laser generating at the wavelength λ = 10.6 μm in the modes of free lasing and self-mode-locking was used to obtain and compare second harmonic generation (SHG) in GaSe and GaSe0.7S0.3 crystals. With the self-mode-locked laser, a 5-times higher energy efficiency of SHG was obtained. The efficiency of SHG in the GaSe0.7S0.3 crystal and its second-order nonlinear susceptibility were estimated and compared with their values for undoped GaSe.
Keywordssecond harmonic generation CO2 laser GaSe crystal GaSe1–xSx self-mode-locking
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.G. B. Abdullaev, L. A. Kulevskii, et al., Pis’ma Zh. Eksp. Teor. Fiz., 16, No. 3, 16, No. 3, 130–133 (1972).Google Scholar
- 7.S. I. Drapak, S. V. Gavrilyuk, Z. D. Kovalyuk, and O. S. Litvin, Fiz. Tekhn. Poluprovodn., 42, No. 4, 423–430 (2008).Google Scholar
- 9.M. M. Nazarov, A. V. Kosobutsky, S. Y. Sarkisov, et al., Proc. SPIE, 7993, 799326-1–10 (2011).Google Scholar
- 10.S. Yu. Sarkisov, V. A. Novikov, A. G. Sitnikov, et al., Fund. Probl. Sovrem. Materialoved., 7, No. 4, 7–13 (2010).Google Scholar
- 14.K. R. Allakhverdiev, R. I. Guliev, E. Yu. Salaev, and V. V. Smirnov, Kvant. Elektron., 9, No. 7, 1483–1485 (1982).Google Scholar