Physical-Mechanical Characteristics of RF Magnetron Sputter-Deposited Coatings Based on Silver-Doped Hydroxyapatite
- 128 Downloads
Results are presented of studies of the physical-mechanical properties of silver-doped calcium phosphate coatings formed by radio-frequency magnetron sputtering on a surface of technically pure VT1-0 titanium and 12Cr18Ni10Ti stainless chromium‒nickel surgical steel. The films have the nanocrystalline structure of hydroxyapatite with mean diameter of the coherently diffracting domains equal to 20–30 nm. It has been established that the configuration of the magnetic field of the magnetron has an effect on the roughness, thickness, and refractive index of the coatings. The thickness of the coatings and the refractive index vary within the ranges 300–700 nm and 1.68–1.80, respectively. The nanohardness of the coatings is within the range 4–7GPa, the modulus of elasticity of the coatings depends on the material of the substrate and is equal to 130–150 GPa for titanium and 170–200 GPa for steel. Sclerometric measurements of the coatings made it possible to establish a high adhesion strength of the coatings.
KeywordsRF magnetron sputtering physical-chemical properties silver-doped hydroxyapatite
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.V. I. Kalita and D. A. Malanin, Vestnik VolGMU, 32, No. 4, 17–22 (2009).Google Scholar
- 2.A. V. Karpov and V. P. Shakhov, Portal on bone tissue surgery [in Russian]; URL: http://bonesurgery.ru/view/ispolzovanie_ionnoj_implantacii_serebra_v_kalcij-fosfatnyh_kf_pokrytiyah_dl/, (2013).
- 3.D. E. Suetenkov and A. V. Lyasnikova, Parodontologiya, 52, No. 3, 45–50 (2009).Google Scholar
- 4.M. Epple, Biomaterials and Biomineralization [in Russian], Veter, Tomsk (2007).Google Scholar
- 5.R. A. Surmenev, Surf. Coat. Technol., 206, 2035–2056 (2012).Google Scholar
- 7.V. F. Pichugin, E. V. Eshenko, R. A. Surmenev, et al., Poverkhn. Rentgen., Sinkhrotr. Neitr. Issled., No. 11, 67–71 (2007).Google Scholar
- 9.S. V. Smirnov, Methods and Equipment for Monitoring the Parameters of Technological Processes of Production of Nanoheterostructures and Nanoheterostructured Monolithic Integrated Circuits: Textbook [in Russian], TUSUR, Tomsk (2010).Google Scholar
- 10.K. V. Gogolinskii, A. S. L’vova, and A. S. Useinov, Zav. Lab. Diagn. Mater., 73, No. 6, 28–36 (2007).Google Scholar
- 11.R. A. Surmenev, M. A. Surmeneva, K. E. Evdokimov, and V. F. Pichugin, Fiz. Khim. Obrab. Mater., No. 4, 57–65 (2010).Google Scholar
- 12.B. S. Danilin and V. K. Syrchin, Magnetron Sputtering Systems [in Russian], Radio i Svyaz’, Moscow (1982).Google Scholar
- 13.E. V. Berlin, S. A. Dvinin, and L. A. Suidman, Vacuum Technology and Equipment for Deposition and Etching of Thin Films [in Russian], Tekhnosfera, Moscow (2007).Google Scholar
- 16.R. A. Andrievskii, G. V. Kalinnikov, N. Hellgren, et al., Fiz. Tverd. Tela, 42, No. 9, 1624–0627 (2000).Google Scholar