Impact properties of tungsten-based alloys under conditions of high-speed interaction
- 43 Downloads
Some aspects of obtaining alloys of the tungsten–nickel–iron–cobalt (TNIC) system have been investigated by the method of liquid-phase sintering of powder preparations, including those containing nano-size tungsten powders. By varying the initial porosity of the powder preparations, samples of highly porous composites have been obtained. A calculational-experimental method was used to investigate the penetrating power of cylindrical impactors made from TNIC alloys on steel plates. An increase in penetration depth with growth of porosity of the sample has been established in the considered range of impact speeds.
Keywordsalloy tungsten powder sintering porosity density experimental mathematical modeling highspeed impact destruction
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.S. A. Afanas’eva, N. N. Belov, K. I. Kozorezov, et al., Dokl. RAN, 355, No. 2, 192–195 (1997).Google Scholar
- 2.S. A. Afanas’eva, N. N. Belov, E. N. Kramshonkov, and M. V. Khabibullin, in: Studies on Ballistics and Related Questions of Mechanics, Collection of Papers [in Russian], No. 2, Tomsk University Publishing House, Tomsk (1998), pp. 99–102.Google Scholar
- 3.Ya. E. Geguzin, The Physics of Sintering [in Russian], Nauka, Moscow (1984).Google Scholar
- 4.R. A. Andrievskii, Introduction to Powder Metallurgy [in Russian], ILIM, Frunze (1988).Google Scholar
- 5.P. L. Radchenko, Yu. I. Podrezov, V. V. Panichkina, and V. V. Skorokhod, Poroshk. Metallurg., No. 8, 36–41 (1990).Google Scholar
- 7.Yu. A. Biryukova, A. T. Roslyak, P. N. Zyatikov, et al., The method of pneumatic classification of powder materials and an apparatus for its realization [in Russian], Patent RF No. 127–3199, Bull. No. 18 (1997).Google Scholar
- 8.S. A. Afanas’eva, N. N. Belov, Yu. A. Biryukov, et al., Inzh.-Fiz. Zh., 84, No. 1, 47–56 (2011).Google Scholar
- 9.N. N. Belov, N. T. Yugov, D. G. Kopanitsa, and A. A. Yugov, Dynamics of High-Speed Impact and Related Physical Phenomena, STT Publishers, Northampton; Tomsk (2005).Google Scholar
- 10.N. T. Yugov, N. N. Belov, and A. A. Yugov, Calculation of Adiabatic Non-Standard Flows in a Three-Dimensional Formulation (RANET-3), Federal Service on Intellectual Propereties, Patents, and Trademarks. Certificate of Government Registration of Computer Programs No. 2010611042, Moscow (2010).Google Scholar
- 11.M. V. Khabibullin, Vopr. Atomn. Nauki Tech. Ser. Mat. Modelir. Fiz. Prots. No. 3, 18–24 (1997).Google Scholar