Influence of the magnetic field on the velocity of the ion component of the particle beam generated during a nanosecond vacuum dielectric flashover
- 51 Downloads
Results of experimental investigations into the influence of the direction of magnetic field of 0.06 T on the velocity of ion component of particle flux generated during anode surface flashover of dielectrics in vacuum with voltage pulses of 230 kV are presented. It is demonstrated that the magnetic field applied in the plane of the sample surface decelerates the ion particle beam generated by the discharge. If the [E × B] vector is collinear with the external normal to the sample surface, the beam is decelerated less than in the case of the opposite orientation of the magnetic field.
Keywordspulsed plasma thrusters surface flashover generation of plasma ion beams
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.A. A. Avdienko and M. D. Malev, Zh. Tekh. Fiz., 47, No. 8, 1703–1711 (1977).Google Scholar
- 2.R. A. Anderson and J. P. Brainard, J. Appl. Phys., 18, 1019 (1978).Google Scholar
- 3.A. V. Gurevich, L. V. Pariiskaya, and L. P. Pitaevskii, Zh. Eksp. Teor. Fiz., 49, No. 2(8), 647–654 (1965).Google Scholar
- 4.A. Maksimchuk, K. Flippo, Ch. Krauze, et al., Fiz. Plazmy, 30, No. 6, 1–27 (2004).Google Scholar
- 5.G. A. Mesyats, Pulsed Discharge in Dielectrics [in Russian], Nauka, Novosibirsk (1985).Google Scholar
- 6.D. S. Dorozhkina and V. E. Semenov, Pis’ma Zh. Eksp. Teor. Fiz., 67, 543–547 (1998).Google Scholar
- 7.R. V. Volkov, V. M. Gordienko, I. M. Lachko, et al., Pis’ma Zh. Eksp. Teor. Fiz., 9, 708–711 (2005).Google Scholar
- 8.S. V. Barakhvostov and I. L. Muzyukin, Pis’ma Zh. Tekh. Fiz., 30, No. 21, 27–31 (2004).Google Scholar
- 9.H. Boersch, H. Hamisch, and W. Ehrlich, Z. Angew. Phys., 15, 518–525 (1963).Google Scholar
- 10.Yu. A. Bykovskii, S. M. Sil’nov, and G. A. Sheroziya, Fiz. Plazmy, 12, No. 2, 237–241 (1986).Google Scholar