Noise properties of cadmium selenide based photoresistors under background illumination
Investigations of the noise properties of CdSe based photoresistor demonstrate that under background illumination of definite power, a noise minimum is observed in its dependence on the bias voltage. Dependences of the main parameters of the established noise minimum on the background illumination power are investigated. Based on the calculated noise and photoconductivity voltages, it is demonstrated that the detected noise minimum can be due to only the special features of forming variances of the number of free charge carriers. It is assumed that a decrease in the number of fluctuations of the number of charge carriers in the allowed bands is probably due to reversible photostructural transformations in the semiconductor lattice caused by capture of nonequilibrium holes.
Keywordscadmium selenide background illumination noise minimum generation-recombination noise flicker noise tails of state density
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.N. V. Parol’ and S. A. Kaidalov, Photosensitive Devices and Their Application: A Handbook [in Russin], Radio i Svyaz’, Moscow (1991).Google Scholar
- 2.N. V. D’yakonova, M. E. Levinshtein, and S. L. Rumyantsev, Fiz. Tekh. Poluprovodn., 25, No. 12, 2065–2104 (1991).Google Scholar
- 4.S. V. Belyaev, V. N. Davydov, A. Yu. Masyukov, and A. L. Kokhlov, Dokl. Tomsk. Gosud. Univ. Sist. Upravl. Radioelektr., No. 3, 5–11 (2005).Google Scholar
- 5.Van der Ziel, Noise: Sources, Characterization, Measurement [Russian translation], Radio i Svyaz’, Moscow (1976).Google Scholar
- 6.N. B. Luk”yanchikova, Fluctuation Phenomenon in Semiconductors and Semiconductor Devices [in Russian], Radio i Svyaz’, Moscow (1990).Google Scholar
- 7.A. N. Georgobiani and M. K. Sheikman, Physics of AIIBVI Compounds [in Russian], Nauka, Moscow (1986).Google Scholar
- 8.K. D. Tsendin, ed., Electronic Phenomena in Chalcogenide Glassy Semiconductors [in Russian], Nauka, Saint Petersburg (1996).Google Scholar