Influence of the differential characteristics of the propagation medium on the polarization characteristics of an electromagnetic wave
- 36 Downloads
Transformation of the polarization characteristics of an electromagnetic wave propagating in the media comprising hydrometeors is considered. The special features of the suggested material are the calculation formulas derived for the wave backscattered by anisotropic polarization regions of the medium having the orientation of the polarization basis that differs from the orientation of the basis of the medium and the measurement basis. Results of calculations are presented and their analysis is performed.
Keywordspolarization differential attenuation differential phase shift
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.D. B. Kanareikin, N. F. Pavlov, and V. A. Potekhin, Polarization of Radar Signals [in Russian], Sovetskoe Radio, Moscow (1966).Google Scholar
- 2.T. Oguti, Proc. IEEE, 71, No. 9, 6–65 (1983).Google Scholar
- 3.R. Sh. Akhmatov, in: Collection of Scientific Works, A. I. Kozlov, ed. [in Russian], RIOMIIGA, Moscow (1988), pp. 136–146.Google Scholar
- 4.E. V. Masalov, in: Materials of the 7th Int. Sci.-Tech. Conf. on Urgent Problems of Electronic Engineering, Vol. 4 [in Russian], Novosibirsk (2010), pp. 77–79.Google Scholar
- 5.A. P. Rodimov, V. V. Popovskii, and V. I. Dmitriev, Zarub. Radioelektr., No. 7, 25–37 (1980).Google Scholar