Relativistic fermion in a spherically symmetric potential well of finite depth in a two-dimensional space
- 34 Downloads
The problem of existence of bounded relativistic fermion states in a spherically symmetric well of finite depth in a two-dimensional space is investigated. The well depth critical for the appearance of standard states with energies E = m, 0, and –m is determined; moreover, cases with zero and nonzero fermion momenta are considered. Approximate analytical expressions for the critical depths of narrow and wide wells are derived which are in good agreement with the results of numerical calculations. Approximate energies of levels located on the boundaries of the upper and lower continuums and determined analytically are in good agreement with the results of numerical calculations.
Keywordsspherically symmetric potential well bound states two-dimensional space critical well depth
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 6.V. A. Miransky and P. I. Fomin, Fiz. Elem. Chast. Atomn. Yadra, 16, No. 3, 469–521 (1985).Google Scholar
- 11.V. R. Khalilov, arXiv: 1002.4507v1.Google Scholar
- 12.Ya. B. Zel’dovich and V. S. Popov, Usp. Fiz. Nauk, 105, No. 3, 403–440 (1971).Google Scholar
- 13.V. S. Popov, Yad. Fiz., 18, No. 3, 684–698 (1973).Google Scholar
- 14.A. I. Akhiezer and V. B. Berestetskii, Quantum Electrodynamics [in Russian], Nauka, Moscow (1981).Google Scholar
- 15.L. D. Landau and E. M. Lifshits, Quantum Mechanics [in Russian], Nauka, Moscow (1989).Google Scholar