Evaluation of the applicability range of the kinetic Boltzmann equation for calculating the carrier relaxation time in isotropic polycrystalline p-silicon
- 26 Downloads
A condition of applicability of the Boltzmann equation for calculating the relaxation time of holes in isotropic polycrystalline p-type silicon is formulated for hole scattering both by a disordered system of potential barriers on the surfaces of crystallites and a disordered lattice of silicon atoms characterized by a local order. An assessment of the range of applicability of the Boltzmann equation for calculating the relaxation time of holes in isotropic polycrystalline p-silicon is made for a given scattering mechanism in the temperature T = 200–600 K and hole concentration p = (5.0 - 10.0)·1019 cm-3 ranges. The mean distance Lφ covered by a charge carrier, when it loses the phase due to inelastic phonon scattering, is estimated for an isotropic polycrystalline p-silicon.
Keywordsinelastic hole scattering hole phase slip kinetic equation relaxation time
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.V. A. Gridchin, V. M. Lyubimskii, and A. G. Moiseev, Fiz. Tekh. Poluprovodn., 39, No. 2, 208–213 (2005).Google Scholar
- 2.V. M. Lyubimskii, and A. G. Moiseev, Russ. Phys. J., No. 7, 778–790 (2006).Google Scholar
- 3.A. G. Moiseev, Russ. Phys. J., No. 5, 413–424 (2007).Google Scholar
- 4.A. G. Moiseev, Russ. Phys. J., No. 2, 195–209 (2008).Google Scholar
- 5.V. L. Bonch-Bruevich and S. G. Kalashnikov, Physics of Semiconductors [in Russian], Nauka, Moscow, 1990.Google Scholar
- 6.A. G. Moiseev, Russ. Phys. J., No. 10, 1021–1029 (2009).Google Scholar
- 7.A. A. Abrikosov, Fundamentals of the Theory of Metals [in Russian], Nauka, Moscow, 1987.Google Scholar
- 8.L. S. Levitov and A. V. Shitov, Green Functions [in Russian], Fizmatlit, Moscow, 2002.Google Scholar
- 9.G. L. Bir and G. E. Pikus, Symmetry and Strain-Induced Effects in Semiconductors, Wiley, New York, 1974.Google Scholar
- 10.Materials Used in Semiconductor Devices (Koping-Hoggard, ed.) [Russian translation], Mir, Moscow, 1968.Google Scholar
- 11.Ch. Kittel, Introduction to Solid State Physics, [in Russian], Nauka, Moscow, 1978.Google Scholar