Estimation of applicability of perturbation theory to solution of the kinetic Boltzmann equation in calculations of charge-carrier relaxation time in isotropic polycrystalline p-silicon
- 29 Downloads
A condition is formulated for application of perturbation theory to solution of the kinetic Boltzmann equation in calculations of charge-carrier relaxation time in an isotropic silicon polycrystal, where holes are scattered both by a disordered system of potential barriers formed on crystallite surfaces and by a disordered lattice of silicon atoms characterized by local ordering. The total specific resistance of p-type isotropic polycrystalline silicon is estimated for the grain size d = 230 Å, temperature T = 300 K, and hole concentration p = (5.0 – 10.0) ⋅ 1019 cm−3. The calculated specific resistances of p-type polycrystalline silicon are compared with the experimental data.
Keywordsrelaxation time local ordering and a disordered system of potential barriers in polycrystals kinetic equation perturbation theory
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.V. A. Gridchin, V. M. Lyubimskii, and A. G. Moiseev, Fiz. Tekh. Poluprovodn., 39, No. 2, 208–213 (2005).Google Scholar
- 2.V. M. Lyubimskii, and A. G. Moiseev, Russ. Phys. J., No. 7, 778‒790 (2006).Google Scholar
- 3.A. G. Moiseev, Russ. Phys. J., No. 5, 413‒422 (2007).Google Scholar
- 4.A. G. Moiseev, Russ. Phys. J., No. 2, 195‒209 (2008).Google Scholar
- 5.V. L. Bonch-Bruevich and S. G. Kalashnikov, Semiconductor Physics [in Russian], Nauka, Moscow, 1990.Google Scholar
- 6.L. D. Landau, and E. M. Lifshits, Quantum Mechanics. Nonrelativistic Theory [in Russian], Nauka, Moscow, 1974.Google Scholar
- 10.V. L. Bonch-Bruevich, et al., Electronic Theory of Disordered Semiconductors [in Russian], Nauka, Moscow, 1981.Google Scholar
- 11.W. Harrison, Electronic Structures and the Properties of Solids, V. 2, Dover Publications, New York, 1989.Google Scholar