Conditions of existence of oscillatory phenomena in an electron gas
- 16 Downloads
The thermodynamics of an electron gas in an arbitrary magnetic field is investigated for arbitrary values of the thermodynamic parameters. It is demonstrated that the oscillatory phenomena in the electron gas occur only for positive values of the chemical potential. Oscillations at the boundary of the region of existence of the oscillatory phenomena are considered. The thermodynamic characteristics of the electron gas in the magnetic field are expressed through the special functions introduced in the present work.
KeywordsMagnetic Field Thermodynamic Characteristic Thermodynamic Potential Weak Magnetic Field Particle Number Density
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.L. D. Landau, Collection of Works. Vol. 1 [in Russian], Nauka, Moscow (1969).Google Scholar
- 3.M. I. Kaganov, Fiz. Nizk. Temp., 32(Suppl.) (2006).Google Scholar
- 4.L. D. Landau and E. M. Lifshits, Statistical Physics, Part 1 [in Russian], Nauka, Moscow (1976).Google Scholar
- 5.I. M. Lifshits, M. Ya. Azbel', and M. I. Kaganov, Electronic Theory of Metals [in Russian], Nauka, Moscow (1971).Google Scholar
- 6.N. B. Brandt and S. M. Chudinov, Electrons and Photons in Metals [in Russian], Publishing House of Moscow State University, Moscow (1990).Google Scholar
- 7.D. C. Mattis, The Theory of Magnetism [Russian translation], Mir, Moscow (1967).Google Scholar
- 8.C. Kittel, Introduction to Solid State Physics [Russian translation], Nauka, Moscow (1978).Google Scholar
- 9.E. Jahnke, F. Emde, and F. Lesh, Special Functions [in Russian], Nauka, Moscow (1977).Google Scholar