Transmittance of a gaseous medium with allowance for the molecular absorption and aerosol scattering
The transparency of a molecular gaseous medium comprising spherical aerosol particles is calculated. The characteristics of the transformed radiant energy that has passed through particles with different microphysical properties are analyzed. It is established that the joint effect of the molecular absorption and aerosol scattering in the IR range must be considered. Based on the characteristics of scattering particles, the boundary conditions are written that allow the molecular absorption and scattering to be considered separately.
KeywordsRefractive Index Particle Radius Extinction Spectrum Radiative Transfer Equation Molecular Absorption
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.S. S. Penner, Quantitative Molecular Spectroscopy and Emissivity of Gases, N. N. Sobolev, ed. [Russian translation], Inostrannaya Literatura, Moscow (1963).Google Scholar
- 2.M. F. Modest, Radiative Heat Transfer, Academic Press, New York (2003).Google Scholar
- 3.N. A. Sushkevich, Mathematical Models of Radiative Transfer [in Russian], BINOM. Laboratoriya Znanii, Moscow (2006).Google Scholar
- 4.S. Chandrasekhar, Radiant Energy Transfer [Russian translation], Inostrannaya Literatura, Moscow (1953).Google Scholar
- 5.K. B. Boren and D. Hafmen, Absorption and Scattering of Light by Small Particles [Russian translation], Mir, Moscow (1986).Google Scholar
- 6.O. A. Volkovitskii, L. N. Pavlova, and A. G. Netrushin, Optical Properties of Crystal Clouds [in Russian], Gidrometeoizdat, Leningrad (1984).Google Scholar
- 7.A. G. Petrushin, Extinction and scattering of optical radiation by crystal and mixed cloud media, Doctoral Thesis in Physical and Mathematical Sciences, Saint Petersburg (2004).Google Scholar
- 8.A. M. Grishin, Mathematical Modeling of Forest Fires and New Methods of Fire Fighting [in Russian], Nauka, Novosibirsk (1992).Google Scholar
- 9.M. I. Mishchenko, L. D. Travis, and A. A. Lacis, eds., Scattering, Absorption, and Emission of Light by Small Particles, NASA, Cambridge (2002).Google Scholar
- 10.R. M. Hoody, Atmospheric Radiation [Russian translation], Mir, Moscow (1964).Google Scholar
- 12.O. K. Voitsekhovskaya, A. A. Kotov, V. N. Cherepanov, and A. Yu. Zapryagaev, Opt. Atm. Okeana, 16, No. 9, 835–845 (2003).Google Scholar
- 13.O. K. Voitsekhovskaya, A. V. Rozina, and N. N. Trifonova, Information System of High-Resolution Spectroscopy [in Russian], Nauka, Novosibirsk (1988).Google Scholar