Parameters of the electron beam in a betatron with radial comb-type poles
- 12 Downloads
Expressions for the vector potential and components of the magnetic field induction vector of a betatron with radial comb-type poles are derived. The dynamics of the electron beam in the electromagnetic betatron field is investigated in the process of electron injection and acceleration. It is demonstrated that the azimuthally varying field engender beam beats. However, the amplitudes of beam particle oscillations during acceleration do not exceed their values estimated from the symmetric azimuthal component of the betatron magnetic field induction. The energy spectrum of accelerated electrons is not described by a normal law. In the electron energy spectrum, the relative number of electrons whose energy exceeds the average value is large. Application of poles with radial combs improves the efficiency of electron capture in acceleration. Results of investigations can find application in the development and adjustment of electron beam accelerating systems.
KeywordsMagnetic Field Electron Beam Energy Spectrum Electron Energy Electron Capture
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.A. A. Zvontsov, V. L. Chakhlov, and A. A. Filimonov, Prib. Tekh. Eksper., No. 2, 40–42 (1975).Google Scholar
- 2.V. A. Moskalev, Betatrons [in Russian], Energoizdat, Moscow (1981).Google Scholar
- 3.G. V. Erofeeva and V. L. Chakhlov, Prib. Tekh. Eksper., No. 5, 29–30 (1980).Google Scholar
- 4.L. D. Landau and E. M. Lifshits, Field Theory [in Russian], Nauka, Moscow (1967).Google Scholar
- 5.B. N. Rodimov, Izv. Tomsk. Politekh. Univ., 87, 3–10 (1957).Google Scholar
- 6.V. V. Kashkovskii, Izv. Vyssh. Uchebn. Zaved., Fiz., No. 12, 42–46 (2004).Google Scholar
- 7.L. M. Anan’ev, A. A. Vorob’ev, and V. I. Gorbunov, Induction Electron Accelerator — Betatron [in Russian], Gosatomizdat, Moscow (1961).Google Scholar
- 8.V. V. Kashkovskii, Izv. Vyssh. Uchebn. Zaved., Fiz., No. 6, 57–63 (2002).Google Scholar
- 9.V. V. Kashkovskii, Izv. Vyssh. Uchebn. Zaved., Fiz., No. 3, 29–35 (1998).Google Scholar