Effect of the Size of a Flat-Bottom Hole in a Cylindrical Specimen on the Bottom-Signal Level
- 21 Downloads
The effect of a change in the size of a flat-bottom hole on the level of a bottom signal measured with a normal probe at an end surface of a cylindrical specimen is considered. It is shown that this effect depends on the specimen's radius-to-length ratio. It is established that the difference in the levels of a bottom signal and a signal from a hole in the specimen is in good agreement (within 0.5 dB) with the corresponding difference obtained from the calculated DGS diagram.
KeywordsStructural Material Normal Probe Cylindrical Specimen Bottom Signal
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Ermolov, I.N. and Lange, Yu.V., Nerazrushayshchii kontrol'. Spravochnik v 7-mi tomakh (Nondestructive Testing. Handbook in 7 Volumes.), Klyuev, V.V., Ed., vol. 3: Ultrasonic Testing, Moscow: Mashinostroenie, 2004.Google Scholar
- 2.GOST (State Standard) 21397-81: Nondestructive Testing. Set of Calibration Blocks for Ultrasonic Testing of Semi-Finished and Aluminum Alloy Products. Specifications, 1982.Google Scholar
- 3.Kruglov, L.D. and Grishina, V.M., A Set of Standard Specimens KSO-2 and its Measurement Assurance, Defektoskopiya, 1984, no. 5, pp. 23–27.Google Scholar
- 4.Danilov, V.N., Ermolov, I.N, and Shcherbakov, A.A., Determination of the Vibration Frequency in Nondestructive Testing, Defektoskopiya, 2003, no. 3, pp. 3–11 [Rus. J. of Nondestructive Testing (Engl. Transl.), 2003, vol. 39, no. 3, p. 171].Google Scholar
- 5.Yavorskii, B.M. and Detlaf, A.A., Spravochnik po fizike dlya inzhenerov i studentov vuzov (Handbook on Physics for Engineers and Students of Colleges), Moscow: Nauka, 1968.Google Scholar
- 6.Danilov, V.N., Estimating the Parameters of Signals Observed during Ultrasonic Testing of a Cylindrical Article with a Normal Probe on the End Surface, Defektoskopiya, 2005, no. 2, pp. 55–71 [Rus. J. of Nondestructive Testing (Engl. Transl.), 2005, vol. 41, no. 2, p. 102].Google Scholar
- 7.Brekhovskikh, L.M., Volny v sloistykh sredakh (Waves in Layered Media), Moscow: Nauka, 1973.Google Scholar
- 8.Danilov, V.N. and Voronkov, V.A., On the Calculation of DGS Diagrams, V Mire Nerazrush. Kontrol., 2001, no. 2, pp. 20–22.Google Scholar
- 9.Voronkov, V.A. and Danilov, V.N., Sensitivity Calibration of Ultrasonic Detectors Based on DGS Diagrams, Defektoskopiya, 2001, no. 1, pp. 56–60 [Rus. J. of Nondestructive Testing (Engl. Transl.), 2001, vol. 37, no. 1, p. 44].Google Scholar